3 month anniversary on MFP!

shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Today marks 3 months since I joined MFP, and I wanted to say thanks to all y'all for the incredible support I've gotten in those 3 months.

I have made such progress, and I know that without y'all, I would have failed like I have done so often in the past!

Three months ago, I was 43 pounds heavier, my blood sugar and blood pressure were out of control, and I struggled to ride my bicycle 4 miles and that took me over an hour!

Today, I rode 40 miles and did it in 3 hours and 10 minutes--that's almost 13 MPH average! My BP is incredible (120/70), and my diabetes meds have been cut in half and possibly soon reduced even more.

I feel better than I have felt in my entire life!

I just want to say thank you for the tips, advice, patience, inspiration, and encouragement!

You guys are the best!

love0059.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    Today marks 3 months since I joined MFP, and I wanted to say thanks to all y'all for the incredible support I've gotten in those 3 months.

I have made such progress, and I know that without y'all, I would have failed like I have done so often in the past!

Three months ago, I was 43 pounds heavier, my blood sugar and blood pressure were out of control, and I struggled to ride my bicycle 4 miles and that took me over an hour!

Today, I rode 40 miles and did it in 3 hours and 10 minutes--that's almost 13 MPH average! My BP is incredible (120/70), and my diabetes meds have been cut in half and possibly soon reduced even more.

I feel better than I have felt in my entire life!

I just want to say thank you for the tips, advice, patience, inspiration, and encouragement!

You guys are the best!

love0059.gif
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    That's awesome!!! Forty miles?!? WOW!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Happy Anniversary!!

Glad you're here! 11_2_104.gif
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Happy anniversary!!!:drinker:

I'm pretty new here and have seen, and been the receipant, of your advice. I, as well as others, have benefited from your posts. Glad you are here and keep posting!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    WOW....you're doing AMAZING
    Great job!

Kim
  • shorerider
    I didn't want to sound like I was "wohooing" myself! :blushing:

I just wanted to tell you guys how much you have helped me--hope it sounded like that!

slider_thankyou.gif
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS! That's soooooooo awesome! Next week will be my 3rd month Anniversary, so I guess we started about the same time!
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    I didn't want to sound like I was "wohooing" myself! :blushing:

I just wanted to tell you guys how much you have helped me--hope it sounded like that!

slider_thankyou.gif

Well, let us woohoo yourself.

WOOHOO! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    You woo-hoo away! You're amazing!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.