Tracking 'Sugar'

Options
Since I have started using this site, I have only really tracked my calories and not really looked at carbs, sugars etc. From what I have read on other forum posts, the protein & fibre are minimum quantities that can be consumed. With sugars & carbs I'm guessing this is different. So what I'm wondering (and I know this may be a stupid question to some) is if I'm keeping within my calorie goals but going over on my sugar intake quite regularly does anybody know what would be the impact long term? One other thing I would like to add is that I do suffer from mild PCOS for which the symptoms have improved since I lost weight but this might have an influence over my sugar intake.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on where the sugar comes from as to how good it is. I eat a lot of fruit which shows a high sugar intake - although I do have a very sweet tooth & would eat chocs all day if I could :laugh: Best to try & avoid refined sugars if poss.

Good luck!!

Sue :smile: x
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    First, I would say consult with your doctor if you have any questions like this. He/She knows your history, your condition, and is medically trained to answer this versus the opinions you can get from us.

My personal opinion is if you aren't diabetic or pre-diabetic natural sugars will not have any severe consequences if you aren't taking in a huge amount. Too much of anything is never good. But taking in even the RDA of natural sugars may slow your weight loss down. It appears you are almost to your goal so that is probably not a concern.