hi everyone...

Options
it's really good to see that this board looks active - because boy, do i need some help with my stick-to-it-iveness.

my partner and i joined a gym at the first of the year. we did great - for about 6 weeks. then life got in the way. then we did ok again - then something else interrupted us. then we started up again - then we got sidetracked once more. and with each sidetrack comes the 'gee, i'll just have this treat today and tomorrow i'll start over again.' which wasn't too bad - until that i'll just have this today ends up being 2 or 3 weeks in a row.

i had lost 20 pounds. i'm back up 6 again. the last two days i have done well food wise, and today we're headed towards the gym after work. since we stink at accountability with each other - i'm hoping some accountability here will help me keep going when it seems easy to get sidetracked.

i'm off to read the board!

Replies

• lantana171
    lantana171 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    it's really good to see that this board looks active - because boy, do i need some help with my stick-to-it-iveness.

my partner and i joined a gym at the first of the year. we did great - for about 6 weeks. then life got in the way. then we did ok again - then something else interrupted us. then we started up again - then we got sidetracked once more. and with each sidetrack comes the 'gee, i'll just have this treat today and tomorrow i'll start over again.' which wasn't too bad - until that i'll just have this today ends up being 2 or 3 weeks in a row.

i had lost 20 pounds. i'm back up 6 again. the last two days i have done well food wise, and today we're headed towards the gym after work. since we stink at accountability with each other - i'm hoping some accountability here will help me keep going when it seems easy to get sidetracked.

i'm off to read the board!
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: Oh, we all have our moments of not sticking to the plan, but what's important is that you've jumped back on the bandwagon! :happy: I go to the gym after I pick up my son from daycare, so that I'm constantly on the move---if I go home, then I'll get comfortable and won't work out!:grumble: But, keep up the good work, and keep us posted on how you're doing! Pretty soon you'll be looking great and feeling wonderful!!!:heart:
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    life always gets in the way, we just have to learn from our mistakes,
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Don't look at the few pounds you gained, look at what you already have accomplished. Live get's in the way, yeah. That's live.
    Just look forward and start over again.
  • lantana171
    lantana171 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks for the welcome. i've started from scratch here - new starting weight, reset my goals, and hopefully the journaling everything here will help keep me going!