Need motivation!

ImmaBeMeee
ImmaBeMeee Posts: 5
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
Hi, I just joined and have a lack of motivation. Any tips or advice please? Thanks :)

Replies

• JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: Start adding friends :) They are my greatest source of motivation! Good luck!
  • me too. add me if you like..i'm terrible
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    what are you lacking motivation in? eating better or exercising?

Once you get into the habit of logging your food daily you will see where you may have been over indulging. This will then give you the motivation to think before your binge eat or guide you into making your own meals instead of pre-made ones or fast food.

im a big exercise slacker but you know what, unless you get off your *kitten* the weight isnt gona shift itself. No one expects you to run marathons everyday. you can start by doing Yoga 2-3 times a week in 10 minute bouts then move onto pilates. Go for a walk, even house work and cooking count as exercise. the great thing about this site is once you log everything you do, you will see just what your doing to your body everyday and that should be enough motivation to change for the better. Good Luck x
  • Welcome. Get educated on food and exercise if you haven't already. There is so much info in here on how to get healthy, that to me is motivation itself. I'm always learning something new, whether it be a recipe, a work out, etc. Ask questions and the support around here will be motivation too.
  • tikku123
    tikku123 Posts: 6 Member
    my friend did this - she bought a really nice dress...in the size she wanted to finally be and hung it somewhere she could see it all the time...everytime she thought of rich fatty food and chips etc..the dress reminded her of what was in store.

I am not sure if this works for everyone...But definitely add people...encouragement on the slightest weight loss makes a huge difference.

I am a great slacker myself...but logging in food makes me guilty....and I try to control myself...
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Exercise makes you feel motivated, its amazing how fast it becomes an important part of the day. Friends, add everyone, feel free to add me. Pistures, no better motivation than the worst picture of yourself and the picture of how you would like to look stuck on the fridge.
  • tikku123
    tikku123 Posts: 6 Member
    my friend did this - she bought a really nice dress...in the size she wanted to finally be and hung it somewhere she could see it all the time...everytime she thought of rich fatty food and chips etc..the dress reminded her of what was in store.

I am not sure if this works for everyone...But definitely add people...encouragement on the slightest weight loss makes a huge difference.

I am a great slacker myself...but logging in food makes me guilty....and I try to control myself...
  • YOu can do it...all the advice is great from everyone!! I am here to encourage you along with everyone else!! make the change...it feels good!!! You can add me too :)
  • Thanks everyone, glad to have all this support :)
This discussion has been closed.