Sandwich thins in the UK - 100 cals for 2 slices

Options
josparkle
josparkle Posts: 141 Member
HI all
Don't know if this has been posted before but I have just found sandwich thins in the UK in Tesco. I have frequently read lots of our US friends mentioning them and have been a little frustrated not to have them here and now they are here and hopefully more healthy vairieties will emerge as there are times when it needs to be a sandwich or at least some sort of bread and one slice isn't always the answer.

Now they may be in other stores and there may be other varieties as this is a small Tesco Metro in a small place way up North, but I have just found white bread sandwich thins for 100cals each made by Warburtons and on offer at a packet of 6 for £1.00 - didn't think to remember what their standard RRP price was though as I realise this is quite pricey.

Hope it helps someone .

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    White bread...??!! The devil's food!! :devil:
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Warburtons wholemeal is only 55 calories a slices. Sandwich thins sound weird, I'll take the extra ten.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Had a look on the warburtons website - they look lovely. I know somebody that works at Warbs, so going to ask if he can get them. They also have another new product called square wraps that look good too !
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Sandwhich thins? is that another word for a thin sliced loaf? a teeny weeny one?
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    LOL Painten - kind of. They're rather like a really flat bun or two thin crusts with no middle bit. But I ate one or rather a pair yesterday and they satisfied a toast shaped whole that I'd had for a while. They don't take very long in the toaster though/

The warburtons wholemeal that I can get around here is 95 cals a slice - is there a smaller loaf I'm wondering with slices at 55 als?. I will have to look closer next time.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I bought sandwich thins this week in aldi for 69p a 6pack