Extreme Excercise=No Hunger

Options
This is my 3rd day of doing Insanity Month 2. I have noticed that since I get up early in the morning and do more extreme exercising, I am not hungry throughout the day. Since I have to eat most of the exercise calories back to stay within the 1400-1500 calorie guideline I want to stay in, I have to make myself eat larger meals, though I am not hungry. Has anyone else felt the same way?

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    you could add the extra calories in other ways , add avacdo to salads, olive oil to veg or salad , peanut butter on your toast, hand full of nuts!
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    i dont do extreme exercise but after most of my visits to curves and zumba i am never hungry
    x
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I always add a protein shake if my calories are running low and I'm not hungry. It's easy, quick and keeps your metabolism running :)
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I vary depending on what I do...

Food is the last thing I want after spinning or interval based running.
    Long steady bike rides can make me quite peckish.
    Swimming makes me ravenous!!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I don't do those kinds of extreme workouts but I'm a huge yard girl... when warm weather hits, I'll be out anywhere between 3-9 hours a day. The more labor intensive work I do (hauling dirt, rock, shoveling, etc) the less I want to eat. Period. I think the body is just .. too busy, in a sense, dealing with the physical aspects of the strain that's been put on it for things like hunger signals. I'd try to eat some good protein and roughage though. While you're doing all that, your muscles will need the protein to heal & rebuild (at least that's how I'm understanding that particular nutrient/muscle interaction) and I'm betting your body is detoxing at the same time - roughage will help take care of that (apples, greens, roots...). Oh and water of course. :-)

If you're only on day two, I'd say give it .. eh, a week maybe? for your system to adjust to this new level of intensity. I'll bet it'll right itself in no time. :-) I'll give myself a few days for the same when we finally get some consistently warm days that I can be out. My system goes through a similar process which is why I'm suggesting this as a possibility. Not that we're all the same - and if this continues past a week, then some additional steps might need to be considered. Of course, I'm no expert.. just seems like a reasonable time line. :)

Good luck & great job! I so could NOT do P90!
  • fasttrack27
    fasttrack27 Posts: 324
    Options
    Yes-same here. On Tuesday's I work all day and then scramble to get to the gym in time to do three intense classes in a row w/ my favorite kick-butt instructor. 2 hrs and 1400 calories. Get home at 8pm, help get kids to bed, THEN have to look around for something quick/easy to eat for dinner.Needless to say, the choices are very limited and I'm not about to put an apron on and make a whole meal. That's almost my entire normal calories for a day I'm supposed to eat back!?!?! Only thing I have found to help a little is to eat a protein bar mid-afternoon (270 cals) and a recovery drink right after the classes (about the same 270 cals). Regular days with just a morning spin class and core, or weight lifting, I burn 500-700 cal's and can eat those back pretty easily through the day. A trainer friend always says "honor your body". I say that if you're not hungry than dont force yourself - and vice versa - as long as its in a healthy manor and everything in moderation. Great job on your workouts and good luck!