Does anyone have any low calorie lunch time meals/soups

Options
2»

Replies

• damama1579
    Options
    i just shared my saus and veggie soup recipe very easy and quick to make...huge success at my work and with my family...if you can't find let me know...enjoy!!!!
  • isanynamefree
    Options
    creamy cauliflower soup only 45 calories a cup

1 head cauliflower
    1 red pepper
    1/2 or 1 onion
    4 cups vegetable broth

saute onin in a little olive oil.
    add chicken broth, cut up cauliflowe, they can be big chunks
    slice red pepper
    add spices of your choice.

let it come to a boil, simmer with lid until califlower issoft
    when cooled puree.

it is delicious. I got this recipe from a clean eating magazine
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Maybe a nice pinto bean soup.. Saute onions, garlic and green pepper. Maybe a bit of mushroom. Add a small piece of chicken or pork(bone in). Simmer ingredients and beans in chicken , beef or veggie stock for a couple hours the night before.

There are lots of light or healthy crackers or take some flat bread for dipping. But...remember...moderation... Oh, and don't forget a bay leaf or two.. Maybe some thyme or oregano...
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    That sounds delish!
  • kkellam1
    kkellam1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Here is one that I make weekly and portion into plastic containers. You can make a batch for about 1000-1200 calories and I typically get 8 servings or so from a batch. My last batch worked out to about 165 cal per serving. It's enough to fill me up, but sometimes I will have a salad to go with it and be really full for well under 300 total. I like having it ready to heat up all week.

Take 4 frozen chicken tenderloins and boil in 6 or 8 cups of water. You could use fresh, but I always have the frozen ones handy in the freezer. While that is cooking, gather a can (big one) of tomato sauce, a can of crushed tomatoes, a can of rotel (you pick the spiciness level) and some frozen veggies. I like to pick a couple of different assortment mixes so I get lots of variety in the soup. Maybe have a 1/4 cup of lentils to go in it. Also, 2-3 chicken boullion cubes.

When the chicken is ready, pour off all but about 3-4 cups of the water. Either shred or dice the chicken, depending on your favorite way. I usually shred it. Dump everything in the pot, bring to a boil then let simmer for about 30 minutes. If you have any fresh veggies that are getting a bit old, dice 'em and toss them in too. Somewhere along the line, I tend to add some italian seasoning (teasoopn or two) and maybe a teaspoon of cumin. You get a feel for what seasonings you like. That's the cool thing about soups, there is no fixed recipe, you just make it up as you go along depending on what you have and what you like.

Just keep track of the calorie counts off of each container and you should be at 1000-1200. I have also scanned everything and saved the recipes under My Foods so that I can also keep track of the nutrition values (though I really don't pay much attention to that yet). I tend to eat a bowl daily (even before I started MFP). I used to use potatoes or pasta, but i have recently cut that out (since I started the weight loss thing).

As long as you like tomato based soups and things that are a bit spicy, you'll probably like this. You can use the basic concept and raise or lower the heat, mix and match the veggies or play with the seasonings until you find the way you like it. The only down side is the sodium since it uses prepared tomato sauce, etc. Using fresh chicken or frozen veggies rather than canned helps keep that under control.

It's an integral part of my meal plan and has helped my with my initial success. 18 pounds in 3 weeks! Fast, I know, but there is a lot of belly fat to burn off here! :)
  • missdeehere
    missdeehere Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    2 very quick & easy soup I make on the spot is

Simple Meatless Wedding Soup
    1 c Fat Free Chicken Stock
    some minced onion & garlic
    apx 1/4 cup frozen or can spinach
    apx 1/4 cup WW couscous

Or I will open a can of Kidney beans and add a can of diced tomatoes w/greenchilis
    I love soups and those are two very quick I'm in a hurry and I like the taste kind of day.

Lots of ideas here!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    :happy: Lots of good recipes here!!! I'll be cooking for quite a while!!!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I make onion soup- minus the bread on top (and just throw in some part skim mozzarella for some dairy). I also eat a lot of plain tuna with celery chopped up and in a whole wheat wrap. Chili is another "easy meal" for our house and the beans keep me full!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump