From Parka to Bathing Suit- Week one

Options
Hey there!!! I thought we could just weigh in today to get used to weighing in every Wednesday,,, it is no big deal if you didn't lose bc hey we just started Monday!!! I hope everyone is doing well. I have ONE tip for you all.. ( I found it in Health magazine) I heard from a friend via MFP to workout before breakfast for a more rapid weightloss I kind of brushed it aside saying "ok, but who can do that everytime" but, I read the same article this week in Health and tried it. Hey if it is in a magazine it is true right? LOL... oh well.. we will see what happens!

starting weight 214.2

Wed weight 212.4

weight loss- 1.6 lbs! (hey I will take it!!!)

Replies

• Harshberger24
    Options
    Hey there!!! I thought we could just weigh in today to get used to weighing in every Wednesday,,, it is no big deal if you didn't lose bc hey we just started Monday!!! I hope everyone is doing well. I have ONE tip for you all.. ( I found it in Health magazine) I heard from a friend via MFP to workout before breakfast for a more rapid weightloss I kind of brushed it aside saying "ok, but who can do that everytime" but, I read the same article this week in Health and tried it. Hey if it is in a magazine it is true right? LOL... oh well.. we will see what happens!

starting weight 214.2

Wed weight 212.4

I mean 1. 8 lbs - hey I want that .2 !!!
  • Harshberger24
    Options

starting weight 214.2

Wed weight 212.4

I mean 1. 8 lbs - hey I want that .2 !!!
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    Hey there! Guess I'll have to start getting up earlier to work out!!
    Challenge SW: 223.8
    Today's weight: 222.8
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    happy hump day!
    Challenge SW 211
    CW 211 - That pesky pound from yesterday went away, hopefully for good :)

My fiance' was diagnosed with diabetes on Christmas Eve and so we've been seeing a nutrionist and she said that you should work out before meals because you do burn calories faster - so if you work out in the morning the calories that you consume throughout the day do burn at a higher rate. I work out at night, so I guess I'm not taking advantage of that!
  • Becs25
    Becs25 Posts: 79
    Options
    Challenge SW 168.6
    I split with my husband and we workout in the mornings before the kids wake up. He has been extremely tired this week so I have gotten to go each morning. It is never anything big and it is never our main workout but I try to get something in.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at night after my workout, so I will post later today. But good work to all who lost weight already.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    No change for me, but I had just dropped a pound on Sunday morning :bigsmile:

SW 220
    CW 220
  • k_harvey
    k_harvey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just saw the link to the official Challenge site - thanks!

Challenge SW: 143.5
    Today's (official weigh-in day) W: 143.5

I'm proud to say that I did not eat any Girl Scout cookies yesterday and it was so hard to watch (and smell) my boys chowing them down. I think this Challenge helped motivate me because I feel like I have someone to answer to now! :smile:
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I posted on the other challange link....don't have the hang of this yet! lol

SW: 179
    CW: 178
    GW: 155
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    I posted on the other challange link....don't have the hang of this yet! lol

SW: 179
    CW: 178
    GW: 155

I was just about to email you! lol.. guess you found it!
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    This morning I weighed in at 142 (starting weight was 158 in Jan). While 142 SHOULD be great, I weighed 2lbs lighter on Monday (Monday was my weigh in day). Seriously? A 2lb gain, what's up? ::sigh:: I hope every does better than me!
    I have ONE tip for you all.. ( I found it in Health magazine) I heard from a friend via MFP to workout before breakfast for a more rapid weightloss
    I usually workout in the AM on an empty stomach because I'm in such a rush to get out the door to get to the gym, drop off my daughter at the childcare and get to whatever class I want to attend that day that I forget to grab anything for myself. On the other hand, I had a physical trainer (sample session) tell me that you should never workout on an empty stomach. The PT didn't have a reason to back his statement and at the time I didn't think to ask.
  • jessmoza
    jessmoza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip...not really looking forward to it, but I'm gonna try it tomorrow...just gotta get up before the kids...
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    This morning I weighed in at 142 (starting weight was 158 in Jan). While 142 SHOULD be great, I weighed 2lbs lighter on Monday (Monday was my weigh in day). Seriously? A 2lb gain, what's up? ::sigh:: I hope every does better than me!
    I have ONE tip for you all.. ( I found it in Health magazine) I heard from a friend via MFP to workout before breakfast for a more rapid weightloss
    I usually workout in the AM on an empty stomach because I'm in such a rush to get out the door to get to the gym, drop off my daughter at the childcare and get to whatever class I want to attend that day that I forget to grab anything for myself. On the other hand, I had a physical trainer (sample session) tell me that you should never workout on an empty stomach. The PT didn't have a reason to back his statement and at the time I didn't think to ask.

forget the weight gain, I don't see it as an actual gain.. just maybe water weight.. lol next week is the real ticker anyway.. just trying to get organized.. (don't ask my why I used ticker in the above sentence, it just came out! About the pt.... interesting.. I did not know that! Wonder which one is right? However, I do know people who have taken a test online and became certified to be a pt and know nothing! Not saying yours didn't by any means! Just saying it is hard to know who/what to trust.. I have sworn by things I read to later find out they just aren't true... uggghh stinks.. we need a straight forward answer- what to eat, what to do to lose weight..... would be nice huh??
  • jillbarnes
    Options
    About the pt.... interesting.. I did not know that! Wonder which one is right? However, I do know people who have taken a test online and became certified to be a pt and know nothing! Not saying yours didn't by any means! Just saying it is hard to know who/what to trust.. I have sworn by things I read to later find out they just aren't true... uggghh stinks.. we need a straight forward answer- what to eat, what to do to lose weight..... would be nice huh??

Well, I met with this guy when I was considering LA Fitness. He was completely pushy about me signing up for his services regardless I was telling him that if it cost money, it wasn't happening. He also told me that it's pointless to take the group fitness classes the gym offered because he cannot vouge for any of those instructors...only 'his' personal trainers. Overall bad experience and I ended up at Gold's Gym. I might try to ask the non-push PT at Gold's and see what type of feedback I receive from him.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    About the pt.... interesting.. I did not know that! Wonder which one is right? However, I do know people who have taken a test online and became certified to be a pt and know nothing! Not saying yours didn't by any means! Just saying it is hard to know who/what to trust.. I have sworn by things I read to later find out they just aren't true... uggghh stinks.. we need a straight forward answer- what to eat, what to do to lose weight..... would be nice huh??

Well, I met with this guy when I was considering LA Fitness. He was completely pushy about me signing up for his services regardless I was telling him that if it cost money, it wasn't happening. He also told me that it's pointless to take the group fitness classes the gym offered because he cannot vouge for any of those instructors...only 'his' personal trainers. Overall bad experience and I ended up at Gold's Gym. I might try to ask the non-push PT at Gold's and see what type of feedback I receive from him.

Good idea... let me know what he/she says
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself first thing before heading out the door, which I never do, and (TMI?!) my cycle started today, making me feel even more lousy..

super discouraging to see a 1.8 lb weight gain...

super tough day at work, but came home to an amazing husband...

but, in the midst of my super hard day, a co-worker said to me "hey, where has half your body gone?! you have lost so much weight!!"

my scrubs are fitting looser, which made my horrible day a little better..

we'll see what happens next Wed. on the scale...

tomorrow is another day!
  • jillbarnes
    Options

His response: No you should always eat before you, because breakfast jump starts your metabolism for the day.
  • Harshberger24
    Options

His response: No you should always eat before you, because breakfast jump starts your metabolism for the day.

hmmm darn.. I hate conflicting answers. Thanks for asking! It helps me a bit, like today I hate to eat before working out so I get nervous. I know people who swear by it though.. oh craaaap Health magazine! lol
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So I finally weighed in. 160 lbs. Damn! I have been zigzagging my calories for a week now and I went up 2.4 lbs. But I will continue with what I am doing and continue working out (I am trying Jillian's Shred it with Weights and 6 Week 6 Pack) and hopefully my weight will go back down and down and down. :)
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    So I finally weighed in. 160 lbs. Damn! I have been zigzagging my calories for a week now and I went up 2.4 lbs. But I will continue with what I am doing and continue working out (I am trying Jillian's Shred it with Weights and 6 Week 6 Pack) and hopefully my weight will go back down and down and down. :)

Hey! Your doing awesome! Don't get down on yourself. That 2 lbs is probably muscle!!!! Keep up the good work!