Need some advice on a menu

Options
OK, so I started using MFP about 3 weeks ago.... the first 2 two weeks were great ... I noticed an immediate change in a whole range of things, lost 2 cm around my waist, better poster, clothes getting loose etc. However, this last week has been bad and I just felt like I wasn't really getting anywhere.

Been reading a number of things and I realized two things:

1. The exercise I was doing wasn't burning any fat - I hadn't calculated my ideal heart rate for myself and was just using generic guide - which meant that I was burning muscle and not fat.

2. I actually needed to have a plan when it came to the foods I was going to eat.

So, I have been trying to put together a menu and would like some suggestions from others as to what I could do better and what I could put in some of the blanks

Monday:
Breakfast - Yogurt and Fruit
Mid Morning - Health Snack Bar
Lunch - Roast Chicken and veg
Mid afternoon - Fresh Fruit
Dinner - BLT Salad

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Rolled Oats & milk
Mid Morning - Fresh Fruit
Lunch - spaghetti bolognese
Mid afternoon - Nuts (unsalted Walnuts, Cashews & Almonds)
Dinner - Salad & cheese Sandwich

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Weet-bix & milk
Lunch - Chicken, Rice and Vegetables
Mid afternoon - Fresh Fruit
Dinner - Fish & Salad

Thursday:
Breakfast - Yogurt
Lunch - Tuna Pasta
Mid afternoon - Nuts (unsalted Walnuts, Cashews & Almonds)
Dinner - Chicken/Beef stir fry with vegetables

Friday:
Breakfast - Oats and milk
Lunch - Salad Wrap
Mid afternoon - Crackers and Cheese
Dinner - ??

Saturday:
Breakfast - Sardines on toast
Lunch - grilled ham and cheese sandwich
Mid afternoon - ??
Dinner - BBQ & Salad

Sunday:
Breakfast - Eggs (Either boiled or poached) on toast
Mid Morning - Fruit Salad
Lunch - Garden salad
Mid afternoon - ??
Dinner - Roast Chicken/Roast Something & vegetables

A few things to bear in mind.... my BMR is 1,815 and my MFP calorie intake for each day is 1270.

I prefer to eat my main meals at lunch, as I exercise at night. I run on a Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Swim on a Tuesday and Thursday.

All breads will be wholegrain and milk will be low fat.

Any ideas, suggestions??

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Some days you don't eat any grains, while other days you have 3 servings. Maybe balance that out? Other than that it looks pretty good. Also, if your BMR is 1,800 and you're daily calories are 1,500 eventually it's going to become VERY hard for you to lose weight. You've given yourself a daily calorie deficit of about 300, so make sure that you're burning @ least 200 calories from exercise every day and don't eat those calories back! Either that or drop your cals to 1,300....which I know I wouldn't be able to do lol
  • adriangoddard
    Options
    Excellent, thank you! Good to hear that I have managed to put together a pretty good menu first attempt :)

At the moment I am think my current exercise is averaging out at around 300 cals a day, but I will be stepping this up over the next weeks, so hopefully that will help - especially if I dont eat those cals.

Thanks!