Bow Flex

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
DH and I are getting a bow flex in the next few weeks. I am very weak all over and look forward to finally getting really toned and strong. Anyone out there that uses this machine; I am looking for advice on how we should use it. Meaning how often, do we alternate exercises each time? We also have a treadmill so we will continue running/ walking like we do now. We discussed last night doing the bow flex 3 nights a week to start and doing the treadmill alternate 3 nights. Once we build up over a few weeks, I would like to do 30 minutes of walking/ running and 30 minutes of what ever bow flex exercise I am doing that day 5-6 days per week. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!!

Replies

• melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    hello! congrats on the bowflex!! i have one also and love it havent used it in a while but my husband does.
    when i was working out with a trainer on bowflex he put me on the treadmill for 30 min then we did the bowflex upper body one day and lower body next. that worked for me hopefully you can find what works for you, good luck!
  • sheilaflocco4
    sheilaflocco4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday, and since I am really new to exercise and not in the best of shape need to start it out at a very slow speed. The first time this morning I had it where the speed was .6 and could only go at it for 3:30 started to get short of breath. Took a rest and then got back on set the speed back to ,6 and went to 5:30 and had to stop. I know it's going to take me some time to reach that 30 minute a day 3 times a week. But like my husband said I need to take it slow