Whats for dinner tonight?

Options
Ok... healthy, feed 5 people, and I am still recovering from surgery in my throat, so nothing spicy or HARD. Suggestions?

Replies

• gagagul
    gagagul Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    www.eatingwell.com they have a ton of healthy recipes that can easily feed 5! I use them all the time.....Hope that helps!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Tonight:
    Fish tacos with fresh mango salsa, shredded cabbage in soft corn tortillas & a side of steamed veggies
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm having crock pot chicken pot pie!

Layer four potatoes and a couple cups chopped carrots in bottom of crockpot. Add five boneless skinless chicken breasts. Add seasoning (I was in a hurry this morning so I just added some Tony's chachere). Cover with two cans low sodium cream of chicken soup. Cook all day. This evening I will add two cups sweet peas and cook for another hour and shred chicken. I will also bad a can of biscuits. To serve, cut biscuits in half and place one half in bowl, pour in chicken mix and enjoy!
  • formytwins
    formytwins Posts: 106
    Options
    Tonight......

Grilled chicken breast with FF italian dressing and lemon pepper seasoning, baked sweet potatoes and greenbeans or mix veggies :love:
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Can I eat at your house?
  • bmhicks627
    Options
    All good ideas... I think I have accepted that I will be eating an altered version of the total meal because my throat is still so sore. What else is for dinner tonight my friends?
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Citrus crusted Salmon, rice and green beans :)
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    All I have so far is Chicken breasts(don't know the seasoning yet) and mixed veggies. =]
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Pineapple chicken! From a previous recipe post. Looking forward to trying it!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Pineapple chicken that someone posted here awhile ago. In the crockpot I put crushed pineapple, shredded chicken and soy sauce. About an hour before dinner time, I'll add a whole chopped green bell pepper. I'll serve over brown rice and probably roast some asparagus too.
  • davish28
    davish28 Posts: 34
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Chicken seasoned with basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and sauteed with mushrooms, zuchini, onions and garlic. Pasta and greens to go with and a nectarine for dessert. Mostly soft and/or squishy, nothing too spicy.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Mexican Tenderloin! (Dinner for 2)

1 Turkey tenderloin marinated and baked in a mixture of 1/2 chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp lime juice, 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, a few cilantro leaves and a couple shakes of chili powder and cumin.

Served with 1/4 cup avacado and 1 cup grape tomatoes. My husband will also get a cup of rice as he has no need to watch calories.

Don't remember the exact count but less than 400 calories!
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    This all sounds so great. I have no idea what I am making. I wish I took something out before I left for work. These long days are killing me. I am out of the stir fry that I made on Sunday, so now I have to come up with something else. meh. Oh, maybe something with shrimp, those are easy enough to defrost. Any suggestions?
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Grilled talapia with fresh lemon (opt), baked potato, (terryiaki veggies for me) & apple sauce or canned peaches at my house tonight (also feeding 5). Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • itsjustme77
    itsjustme77 Posts: 102
    Options
    Cauliflower crust pizza

How do you make that? I bet it's gluten free too. :)
  • Myschelle
    Options
    Grilled shrimp/pinapple kabobs OR on top of a salad.
  • Myschelle
    Options
    This all sounds so great. I have no idea what I am making. I wish I took something out before I left for work. These long days are killing me. I am out of the stir fry that I made on Sunday, so now I have to come up with something else. meh. Oh, maybe something with shrimp, those are easy enough to defrost. Any suggestions?

OOPS, I was replying to you in my info about shrimp/pinapple kabobs or salad....meant to quote you...
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm making soup. Is that simple enough? lol

cut up pork tenderloin, with loads of mixed veggies and mushrooms in low sodium broth :)
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    We're having

http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2006/april/cowboy-casserole

This is a favourite with my kids, and its easy.

I leave out the chilli as sadly, my daughter hates anything even mindly spicy (bbq chips are too much for her...)