What is clean eating? In a nutshell.

Options
2»

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If it is in reference to Biblical eating - the "clean" food list is in the book of Leviticus Ch. 11 I've read "The Maker's Diet" by Jordan Rubin. Very good read. Also, I like to stay as close to natural as possible. All very good comments here... :flowerforyou:

Hell, jesus turned water into wine, so what's with the hate? :)
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks
  • princesschikee
    Options
    The reason for 5-6 meals is:

By eating 5 to 6 small meals per day, you will increase your energy levels, accelerate muscle growth, and speed up your metabolism without storing fat. In fact, frequent eating will actually allow you to eat up to 50% more calories without storing an ounce of it as fat.

Eating 5 meals a day will boost your metabolism, helping you to burn more calories all day long.

In fact, by eating super-clean, high protein foods at each of your 5 meals, you will find that your metabolism goes into overdrive, becoming extremely efficient at burning off calories.

Frequent eating revs up your metabolism due to the thermic effect of food. This is because the breakdown and absorption of food itself requires a substantial number of calories.

You will also find it easier to build and maintain muscle.

You will feel 10x better by eating smaller, more frequent meals. Your energy level will soar and your hunger cravings will be destroyed. This is because eating 5(for women) to 6(for men) meals per day helps maintain a balanced blood sugar level, preventing hunger attacks.
  • imagineaballoon
    Options
    The reason for 5-6 meals is:

By eating 5 to 6 small meals per day, you will increase your energy levels, accelerate muscle growth, and speed up your metabolism without storing fat. In fact, frequent eating will actually allow you to eat up to 50% more calories without storing an ounce of it as fat.

Eating 5 meals a day will boost your metabolism, helping you to burn more calories all day long.

In fact, by eating super-clean, high protein foods at each of your 5 meals, you will find that your metabolism goes into overdrive, becoming extremely efficient at burning off calories.

Frequent eating revs up your metabolism due to the thermic effect of food. This is because the breakdown and absorption of food itself requires a substantial number of calories.

You will also find it easier to build and maintain muscle.

You will feel 10x better by eating smaller, more frequent meals. Your energy level will soar and your hunger cravings will be destroyed. This is because eating 5(for women) to 6(for men) meals per day helps maintain a balanced blood sugar level, preventing hunger attacks.

That's very helpful, thank you! I have gone from a person who ate two large meals a day (lunch and dinner) to one who eats smaller meals 3x a day with snacks in between, and feel it has made a TREMENDOUS difference, just to my overall well-being. I don't know if I'll get to a place where I do 5-6 actual small meals a day, but I guess I'm on the right track. :)