I am back again! :)

Options
I tried to do this before without the help of the community and I did not stick to it. I am 100% committed to keeping the weight off. I want to be able to do all of the fun things that I could do before. Running, hiking, ice skating, skiing, etc.

I am not so much focused on a goal size or a weight. I would rather track my progress by what I can do.

I have lost 8 pounds and I can walk 3 miles.:smile:

I need lots of support to get me through the food withdrawal. I cannot have a little bit of something without losing control and eating way too much. If anyone has any suggestions??? :brokenheart:

Replies

• kristarablue
    Options
    Welcome back!! The fitness thing is the best thing about weight loss isn't it. To feel stronger is golden
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    The way that works for me is having supportive friends and family. After that all it took was a little self motivation. However there are still a few days when I go a little over board on food and thats ok because after all, we are only human =)
  • tpalazzotto
    Options
    Welcome back!!
    Like you I started and stopped but back again.
    Stay the course, we are here for you!!
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    Options
    Welcome back!! You can do this with support and motivation from friends here.
  • 0mega60
    0mega60 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ""***Energy and persistence conquer all things**.......***Ενέργεια και επιμονή κατακτήσει όλα τα πράγματα***

i was gone for 6 months as i was in transition frm a move from florida to toronto....welcome back..:)
  • nicgo5
    nicgo5 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for all of the kind words. I have found that working out is easier if I don't call it a workout. I go walking with a group of friends every week, to socialize, of course. Dancing twice a week. The time flies.

576833.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • nkaplosinit
    nkaplosinit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    welcome back! You CAN DO THIS!! :-)
  • kANDYsTRIPR
    Options
    Hi nicgo5! I too have tried doing the online thing but with another program...wasn't successful at all. I really like MyFitness because I can track everything on my phone which is a lot more convenient than carrying around a notepad.

I'm a newbie so I haven't experienced the benefit of the community yet but I believe that it is an essential part in staying motivated. Just knowing that you have to answer to others keeps you in line :-)

With your food withdrawel issue...I totally understand!!! I can not have a lil of anything without wanting more and more so I find it easier to just go cold turkey. It will be hard as hell in the beginning but stay strong and I promise the cravings will dissipate.

Hang in there nicgo5 and just know that you are not alone :-) Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!
    I am only two weeks in but I have tried my diets and even lifestyle changes before and I seem to fail because I cave in and gorge myself and give up or snack a bunch. I have found though with advice from my wife's nutritionist that eating between meals and a meal before bed has really helped. If I find myself hungry I try to add protein, for example my afternoon snack almost always has protein in it. Also, I don't restrict myself of food I enjoy. I have a few restrictions that are particular situation but as long as I am having normal meals and within my calories & carbs per meal I eat what I want. However, I am slowly trying to make adjustments to lower fat content in the foods that I am eating and trying to focus on foods that give me the most bang for my calories.