How do I log Scampi Alla Palermo?

Options
I ate at an Italian restaurant tonight. They didn't have the nutrition value's. I checked online and still couldn't find it. Anyway it was made with classic shrimp with butter, lemon, wine, fresh garlic and fresh tomatoes over linguini. Has anyone had anything close to that so I can know how to log it?

Replies

• krawls33
    krawls33 Posts: 58
    Options
    I ate at an Italian restaurant tonight. They didn't have the nutrition value's. I checked online and still couldn't find it. Anyway it was made with classic shrimp with butter, lemon, wine, fresh garlic and fresh tomatoes over linguini. Has anyone had anything close to that so I can know how to log it?
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    If you can't find the nutritional value of this dish online you'll have to log in each recipe as best as you can. Sometimes it's all we can do.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I can't vouch for how accurate it is, but you can enter each ingredient separately. I make a lot of casseroles, and that's how I do it. I guess high if I don't know for certain how much of a given item was in the food.
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    go to this recipe calculator and log each ingredient and enter it as a meal!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    I just checked calories for shrimp scampi and It said calories per serving is 888 might wanna check it out.
  • krawls33
    krawls33 Posts: 58
    Options
    thanks everybody! I tried that website you posted and list each ingredient. It came out to be 657.5 calories.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right...

I would raise it a tad more (oil or anything they might put in it). The shrimp scampi sounds pretty close!

I want to boycott Carrabas for NOT posting calorie information.

That really made me mad when I went to their site and they didnt have anything listed!

I sent them an email and never got anything back!