Diet and Working out

Options
I am watching my calories but I've started to workout. I normally wouldn't eat those calories from working out but i'm wondering if i should be or shouldn't? Any advice? Am I doing the right thing?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Since MFP already gives you a calorie deficit you're supposed to eat the calories you burn from exercise. If you don't eat them your body may not get enough nutrition to function properly and the increased calorie deficit can slow down' your metabolism and cause you to store fat instead of burning it.j
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

if you'll check this out, there are lots of links for newbies that will answer all your questions under general weight loss!!
  • tabitha2770
    tabitha2770 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that article helped. I put in my excercise goals and it says my diet should be 1200 calories and i should burn 600 calories a week for my goal. So to make sure I understand, i will eat those 1200 calories for sure and when I work out i just put that on there and it will add calories to my food log and i should eat at least half of those if not all?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    At a daily calorie of 1200 you should eat all your exercise calories since you don't want to be below 1200 net calories for the day. (Net calories = calories consumed - calories burned)