Why isn't the weight coming off.....

Options
Why can't I lose the weight like u guys? Mine is only coming off in 2 or less pounds. Yes, I have lost 26 total, but since I started MFP in January, I've only lost 5.4. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Replies

• bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Have you read this? It's very helpful...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You are doing just fine. At your weight you should only be losing 1 or 2 pounds per week at the most. Losing it SLOWLY is much healthier and it will stay off that way as well.
    Give yourself the "gift" of patience and a pat on the back at the same time!
  • maz00
    maz00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race!
  • Leapshun82
    Options
    You might have put your body in a stand still. Are you drinking enough water??. Are you watching your calories as closely as you were? Why don't you try to change up your exercise routine... Push yourself at the times that you would not. Or trying to do heavier weights at less reps. Mix up your cardio, or try different cardio exercises. You always have to trick your body every once and awhile so you don't hit that platoe. I"m used to going to the gym, but my sister introduced me to Turbo Fitness. It is fun and easy you should try it.....
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    When I had to lose 90 pounds, that is when I started all this, the weigh came off very easily and in some ways very quickly. As I lost more and more weight, that pace slowed down, and now that I am getting within 15 pounds of my goal weigh, I am not only expecting the weight to come off slower, but I am increasing my calories slowly because the less you have to lose, the less you should lose weekly. By the time I get to the last 10 pounds, I will be shooting for a pound a week, and I expect for the last 5 or so, that rate will be even slower. Realize it took a while to put on the weight, it will take time to come off. Add to this that every body is different, and your weight loss is not bad at all. Search around and you will find people who lose even slower than you are. Keep it up, you body is getting healthier and fat is going away.
  • foodsafetyguru
    foodsafetyguru Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! 1 - 2 pounds/week is the most you should be losing per week anyway. Anything more than that gets into the unhealthy level. As your body loses fat and gains muscle, the actual weight loss will reduce, but that doesn't mean you're not losing fat. Muscle weighs more than fat so you just aren't seeing the weight loss...keep in mind, the health effects are there. Keep it up.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    1/2 - 1 lb per week might be a more realistic goal. Those with 100 lbs to lose can "afford" 2 lbs a week. The fewer you have to lose - especially if your goal weight is lower than your body is used to or comfortable at the slower it will go. (ie, my body is very comfortable at 150, so to reach 140, or my super goal of 135, those last 10 - 15 lbs will, I know, be super tough and probably take twice as long as the first 10-15, which still took several months.)
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same way. Started logging and getting serious Jan. 18th. While I am down 9 pounds, there has been slow movement the last week and half. I have worked out more than my "goal" of 5 days per week. Clothes are fitting better, shape looks better, but I need to see the numbers at some point.