I dont know what Im doing

Options
Im joining weight watchers tomorrow because I need more help and guidance with my weight loss. I feel like Im not losing anything. Im sure that the meds Im on have a major affect on my metabolism and will slow the process but I want to make sure that Im doing the right things. My overall goal is to lose 30-40lbs I wanna weigh between 160 & 170. I hope this works. My sister lost 50lbs on weight watchers last year.

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary for the past week and I'm going to be very blunt with you. You are eating WAAAAY too much crap. Fast food almost every day - fried chicken, french fries, etc. Lots of cookies. A few nights of drinking. All those things are fine in moderation but you are going overboard. You don't have your sodium listed but I guarantee it's through the roof and that can really stall your weight loss.

Make sure you are drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily. If you don't have time to cook, find alternatives. There are times I do go to Wendy's but I normally get a grilled chicken sandwich and a baked potato. Jason's Deli has a lot of healthy options. Subway tends to have a lot of sodium but is a great choice otherwise.

I'm not a doctor so I can't speak to the effect the meds are having but I can see where a lot of your struggles stem from. The other thing is to try and find some more friends on here. Having a good support system is very important and while your friends and family in "real" life are obviously really important, my MFP friends are a huge inspiration and motivation to me as well.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!!