Does running burn that awful belly fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• rachpiper720
    Options
    For me, when I did the C5K training is when I lost the most belly fat. I have done a lot of HIIT training and P90x, but running helped me lose the most belly fat. Granted I have a lot to lose and everyone is different. However, when you do strength training, your body burns calories much longer after you stopped exercising vs. when you just do pure cardio. Plus, the increased muscle mass helps to burn even more calories. A good mix of everything is I think the best way to go.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    While running does tone and give great definition, you've heard the sayin: Abs were built in the kitchein. Well, that's where you should start! Gentics is 10%, exercise is 10% and Diet is 80% of weightloss.
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!!! that belly fat is just fat tho and cannot be directly targeted so you need over all weight loss (goalseeker1988 is right ). but as for running there's no more efficient way to burn calories, tone you entire body and strengthen your bones. i can burn about 750 cals in 55mins of HITT running...sprints, incline walking, rest,...sometimes i just run and walk , or just run. running makes me feel light and athletic and strong. it can make me feel happy when i'm feeling down. make sure to take short strides, pitch slightly forward, feet low to the ground and try to land in the middle to front part of your feet...that form will help save your knees and shins. good luck!!!
  • kellybelly113
    kellybelly113 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys have shared some good stuff. I'm going to try HIIT maybe.
  • cclarke538
    Options
    Hi, first of all what might help is if you replace a lot of your drinks such as fizzy drinks and juice with ice cold water firstly the ice cold water burns a small amount of calories because your body is having to work hard to make the ice cold water body temperature also the reason you should replace juice is because juice contains a lot of sugar in and isn't the best for your teeth , instead of having juice as a 5 a day supplement have fruit and veg , apples are the best for weight loss as they help burn fat because of the acids in them . All I can say is if you regularly exercise at the start 3 times a week and then when you feel more comfortable about yourself then exercise 5 days a week . I've been doing this for six months already , I'm pulling all the girls and life just can't get worse at the moment. Also don't eat in-between meals , reply to tell me how it goes thx
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I am on week three of couch to 5k and I was wondering... will running help me burn belly fat? Does anyone have experience with this? I know that you can not spot reduce but it seems that something has to give.... I have lost some already and the belly is looking better. Is there anything else I can do?

Plate pushbacks will.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ... with ice cold water firstly the ice cold water burns a small amount of calories because your body is having to work hard to make the ice cold water body temperature...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
  • cclarke538
    Options
    Running is the best thing for you , go to the gym and get on a treadmill , interval training is the best for you , interval training is when you for example run for 5 minutes , then turn down the treadmill speed so that your walking on the treadmill for 30 seconds to a minute , then run another 5 minutes repeat this for an hour and I guarantee this will help , I wasn't the most slimmest guy , but if you follow this your guaranteed to get all the gals you want ;) . Also try to eat healthily as well , no snacks such as eating Inbetween meals . I have been following this for 6 months , I have a six pack my girlfriend is practically a model and yeah life can't get better for me at the moment , as well as burning fat , I have noticed that by exercising regularly you release bad hormones which makes you less fatigued also as you know I started this 6 months ago ,I recently had my exams before I was not very good at school , the teachers always thought that I would do bad , but I proved them wrong and got higher grades then expected :) let me know how is goes