I need a new scale....

Options
I'm going after work to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and some other places....and I need a scale....the one at home has work since I started this whole process so I haven't been able to weigh myself.....any advice on a good one?? Or should I get one online at amazon or something??

Replies

• denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    I got a Health-O-Meter from Walmart. It cost me about $20 and it can actually store weight loss for two people!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If you go to Bed, Bath and Beyond, go onto their Web site and sign up for Emails and get the 20% off coupon :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I have one similar, but it "reads body fat and water levels". But they are way off!! Would not recommend getting one that does that because it reads by body fat as 10% more than the handheld ones.
    I got a Health-O-Meter from Walmart. It cost me about $20 and it can actually store weight loss for two people!
  • 6people
    6people Posts: 2
    Options
    I also have a health o meter from wal mart that has worked better than the much more expensive one I had previously.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I got a digital scale at Ikea nad love it b/c it is accureate over 300ls whick is what we needed for hubby...but not much longer. it was about $20 and does Lbs or kg's
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Tanita scale from Amazon. Tanita's have a reputation for accuracy.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I just bought a TAYLOR digital scale. Its made in the usa & its great!
    I love the digital & the large numbers & best yet is the indiglo, so its bright & easy to read.
    I paid $30 for it at K-MART...,
    Walmart has it too for about the same price
    good luck!
  • vroyyoung
    vroyyoung Posts: 33
    Options
    I have a digital scale from Weight Watchers. It seems to be very accurate, and it can store user data for four people so that it tells you how much your weight has changed since last weigh in and since you began recording it. I don't remember what I paid for it, but knowing me it was under $30.
  • MillieW
    MillieW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also got the Health-O-Meter from Walmart. It was $18 and has a built-in memory to store the most recent weigh-in for two people. So far it's been accurate; unlike my old one which was reading two pounds lighter. (Which meant after I got the new one, it looked on my daily weigh-in like I had gained two pounds! ouch lol)
  • tgbjr1973
    tgbjr1973 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'd HIGHLY recommend the Escali scales.

I first tried the Taylor digital. I could never get the same reading twice. I could get on and have one reading, get off, and then immediately get back on and have a reading as much as 3 pounds off from the first reading. Really frustrating for me.

Next, I went back to the basics and tried one of the non-digital, older style ones with the dial (can't remember the brand). It seemed to be fairly accurate. Problem was that I had a hard time reading the dial. The markings were so close together that I still couldn't pin down an exact weight, so I was forced to estimate within about a 3 pound range.

Frustrated by my previous 2 scales, I spent a lot of time researching various scales online and reading reviews prior to purchasing my 3rd. I narrowed it down to an Omron and an Escali. Based on slightly better reviews, I chose the Escali and I have never regretted my decision. I've owned it for 2 years now and it has always given me a completely accurate reading every single time. My only goal was a scale that would give me consistently accurate readings, but this scale also measures percentage of body fat, body water, and weight for up to ten individual users, and stores previous weights if you want to keep track. I'm still on the original batteries and have no complaints at all. I loved it so much that I later also purchased their food scale to weigh meat, etc and it is just as accurate and I have been just as pleased.
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have the Health-O-Meter from Wal-Mart too. Seems to be pretty popular on here. Before I had MFP to keep track, I really liked the memory feature. Now I just use it for my kids.
  • DowntimeDesigns
    DowntimeDesigns Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the cheapy $20 Health-O-Meter from Wl-Mart today based on reviews and peoples recommendations here!

Tomorrow morning = First weigh in!