One More PFT out of the way!

Options
timisw
timisw Posts: 391 Member
Ok... ~shrew~

One more Physical Fitness Test out of the way!

17 Pullups... Goal will be to have 20 by Christmas.

100 Crunches in 80 seconds... Usually get it in about 110 so that was quite an improvement.

I made it to the 1.5 mile mark in 10:35. I thought. Hey... I usually make it faster on the way in than out so I should be sub 21 minutes! However, it was a HOT STICKY morning in North Carolina. I ended up taking 10:50ish on the way back for 21:27. Respectable... but not sub 21.

It sure was easier running at 20lbs lighter.

I did end up putting on an extra 6lbs while eating out for 2 weeks... but I will quickly shed that if I can!

Hope everyone is ready for the 4th of July!

Tim

Replies

• timisw
    Options
    Ok... ~shrew~

One more Physical Fitness Test out of the way!

17 Pullups... Goal will be to have 20 by Christmas.

100 Crunches in 80 seconds... Usually get it in about 110 so that was quite an improvement.

I made it to the 1.5 mile mark in 10:35. I thought. Hey... I usually make it faster on the way in than out so I should be sub 21 minutes! However, it was a HOT STICKY morning in North Carolina. I ended up taking 10:50ish on the way back for 21:27. Respectable... but not sub 21.

It sure was easier running at 20lbs lighter.

I did end up putting on an extra 6lbs while eating out for 2 weeks... but I will quickly shed that if I can!

Hope everyone is ready for the 4th of July!

Tim
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good job man.

While i no longer have to do "military" PFT's i still have a fitness test for my job. Other than some of the flexability segments im way ahead of what i need to be for my age and im hoping some Yoga will help with the flexability issues.

My goal i guess now is to be in the best shape of my life for my 40th b-day in about 18 months. Im well on my way and some credit has to be given to this great site.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    FANTABULOUS job TIM!!! YEY YOU!!! Now rid yourself of that 6 already!!! :laugh:

I can't wait to see the changes for your next test, you are doing so well! Keep up the great work!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    WTG! You're getting so buff! lol :love:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You ARE getting into amazing shape - that's awesome! Keep it up! You inspire me - off this computer and to the gym!
    :flowerforyou:
  • timisw
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! ~smiling~

Now its into Full PCS mode - Permanent Change of Station.

Leaving Lejeune after 47 months (with 27 month in Iraq and Afghanistan).

Heading to Norfolk, VA (Little Creek). Going to try this whole Navy thing out for size. Probably will end up in Bahrain for some of it.

I so wish I could wish myself a place in Virginia. It would so make it easier!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Great Job Tim! I bet it felt awesome to get all that done!

Thank you for serving our country! I hope you get to do all the things you want to do! Have fun on the 4th, with the fireworks and the dogs and beer. lol. :tongue:

<3 Jill
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! ~smiling~

Now its into Full PCS mode - Permanent Change of Station.

Leaving Lejeune after 47 months (with 27 month in Iraq and Afghanistan).

Heading to Norfolk, VA (Little Creek). Going to try this whole Navy thing out for size. Probably will end up in Bahrain for some of it.

I so wish I could wish myself a place in Virginia. It would so make it easier!

Hey Tim--

You'll be in my neck of the woods--I grew up about 10 miles from Little Creek and now live on the Eastern Shore. We still drive over the Bay once a month to go to the Commissary on Little Creek (hubby's retired Navy E-8--put in 22 years and retired 7 years ago). The gas and toll costs a bit but we can still save about $150 a month on groceries though!

Been to that area any at all? I can give you a heads up about the area if you need it.
  • timisw
    Options
    Hey Tim--

You'll be in my neck of the woods--I grew up about 10 miles from Little Creek and now live on the Eastern Shore. We still drive over the Bay once a month to go to the Commissary on Little Creek (hubby's retired Navy E-8--put in 22 years and retired 7 years ago). The gas and toll costs a bit but we can still save about $150 a month on groceries though!

Been to that area any at all? I can give you a heads up about the area if you need it.

I have only been TAD over there a couple of times.

Since I am only going to be there for a few months, I am looking at NOT brining all of my stuff, but just getting a small apartment/condo.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ok--you said PCS so thought you'd be moving in for a bit.

Be prepared to PAY for a decent place in that area. The Beach isn't a cheap place to live anymore. You might be able to get a place in Norfolk for cheaper but check out the area first. There are some pretty crappy areas (high-crime, etc.) in Hampton Roads now, so just be careful before committing.

I'd stick in the Va. Beach area if I was you but then I'm partial to the Beach since that's home.

Traffic is BAD! I hate having to go over there now because of the traffic. I mean, it's not D.C or Northern VA but it's bad enough. The road system HAS NOT keep up with the population increase either.

Make sure to get your dogs licensed--Beach AC is pretty on the job and will ticket you for that. I know, I worked for them for 5 years :tongue: Leash laws strictly enforced, too. But you seem to take very good care of your dogs, so that shouldn't be a problem.

You'll have to check out First Landing State Park. It's about 10 miles from Little Creek or so. I grew up right by there and spent many youthful hours roaming the trails. It's a good size state park with miles of walking trails--you can bring your dogs, too! There's also a bike trail there that takes you from the Park, through the woods, and into the resort area.

If you like the water, you will, of course, love the area! The base there has a nice marina and a beach area, too. Tons of areas to canoe, kayak, swim, etc.

The Amphib Base is fairly small, as bases go, but nice.

The local paper is the Virginia-Pilot. Here's a link to it online--you could start pricing places.

http://hamptonroads.com/pilotonline/

Hope you have a safe move! Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. And, welcome to VA!