What do you do if you are still hungry after you eat a meal?

Options
slyder432
slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
I just ate lunch at 12:15pm. Did not gorge! Just 3 Fresco Tacos. It is 2:00pm and I am hungry again!! Do I snack or wait?

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I say small snack. Just a couple nibbles of something would last you an hour. Don't forget to down a glass of water with it!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Drink water and have a healthy snack. I actually eat 5 times a day. I have breakfast then within 2 hours have a mid morning snack, then lunch, then an afternoon snack, and then dinner. If I skip snacks and ignore my hunger then by meal time I'm super hungry and tend to overeat.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I try to eat something small about every 3 hours. I try to plan my meals beforehand, so I know how close I will come to eating my goal. If I'm hungry, I wait until my next meal. Sometimes it just takes a while for your stomach to know you ate.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I eat 4-5 times a day and I dont have that problem. If it happens, I wait and think what I did wrong. Usually its lack of protein or fiber.
  • jdrop
    jdrop Posts: 24
    Options
    Drink water! Or something like Crystal Light if you hate water.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I find that eating every 2-3 hours works wonders!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Try some water or tea and if you are still hungry grab a little healthy snack. Some days you just need more energy then others.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and eat a banana :)
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    eat a hard boiled egg and drink a bottle of water....does the trick!!!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Most of the time that we feel hungry it is actually because we are thirsty. Drink a glass of water. And I DO mean water... not sodo, diet soda, juice, or coffee which can all dehydrate you more. Drink a glass of water. Wait half an hour and see if you still feel hungry.

If you are still hungry, only 2 hours after eating lunch, that suggests to me that your lunch was full of empty calories, leaving your body hungry for nutrition. Eating more vegetables and whole grains will make you feel fuller longer.

Good Luck!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2-3 hours. My main meals have more calories than my snacks. I snack between breakfast and lunch, between lunch and breakfast. My 3rd snack really depends on when i workout, its usually a protein shake.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Are those Fresco Tacos from Taco Hell? Er, I mean Taco Bell? Taco Bell isn't satisfactory to hunger levels unless you're getting a calorie-loaded combo or grilled stuffed burrito or something. If it's not Taco Bell, then maybe you just ate them too fast? Personally, I'd eat an apple or something loaded with fiber to help alleviate any lingering hunger pangs.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    If i'm still a little hungry I eat an apple--they do the trick for me :)
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!! I filled up on water. This is the choice I am faced with quite often. Before I would fill up on sugar. For some reason today it was a serious battle not to eat sugar. @anubis609, it was Taco Bell. I joined the work group for lunch!! Bad idea!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!! I filled up on water. This is the choice I am faced with quite often. Before I would fill up on sugar. For some reason today it was a serious battle not to eat sugar. @anubis609, it was Taco Bell. I joined the work group for lunch!! Bad idea!!

Lol. Yeah, I stay away from ordering fast food, but obviously it was the healthier option getting the Frescas. They're just not as gratifying.