Starvation mode.. eating back calories... not getting it! :S

Options
2»

Replies

• tisgriggs
    tisgriggs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I see ...add Healthy fat.

And healthy cabs (juice, and dehydrated fruit) but limited amounts.

dehydrated? or can I have just raw fruit
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you a caloric deficit to meet your weekly weight loss goal. If your goal it to lose 2 lbs/week your daily deficit is 1000. If you exercise and burn 400 calories your deficit is now 1400 (1000+400), since your goal is a 1000 cal deficit MFP adds back the400 cals to keep your deficit at 1000 cals/day in order to meet your goal of 2 lbs/week.

If your caloric deficit gets to large (according to MFP over 1000 is too large) you may hit a plateau and stop losing fat, and possibly burn muscle instead, which would further slow your metabolism down. So your 1800 cals are based on your weekly goal, to keep your deficit the same whether you workout or not, you must eat the calories you burn through exercise.

Okay so MFP gave me a deficit of like 680 or something like that.... i put in that i wanted to lose 2lbs a week but its still only telling me that id lose like 1.4 or somethin.

????????

so since it only gave me a 680 deficit would i want to workout and burn 320 calories and NOT eat them back to lose 2lbs a week?
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor, a nutritionist, or medical person - like most of the folks here...

Although I do have an opinion...which is that I don't agree with eating back calories burned through exercise. If I exercise a lot in one day, I see the burned calories as a cushion so that if I get hungry, I will eat - this is my body's way of telling me what it needs.

Try it both ways - 2 weeks one way - 2 weeks another....and see what results you get.

Listen to your body....it's your greatest teacher.