MFP Runner's Club July 2

kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning!

I ran 3.5 miles this morning. The weather was GREAT. A chilly 61 degrees. 85% humidity.

Enjoy your run, walk, or rest day today.

I can't wait to hear from you
:heart: -Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning!

I ran 3.5 miles this morning. The weather was GREAT. A chilly 61 degrees. 85% humidity.

Enjoy your run, walk, or rest day today.

I can't wait to hear from you
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Good morning runners!

Ditto with Kechie - I ran 3.5 and the weather was B-E-A-Utiful! The first mile and a half was a warm-up, and then I did sprinting drills for two miles.

Have a fabulous day!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    morning Kechie, morning slender!

wow great job ladies....I woke up w/ a lot of back pain....(I think pushing 50lb child up hills yesterday did it lol)....so I'm gonna give it a rest day...I feel bummed because I want to run, and feel guilty for taking a rest day....I know my body needs it though....so anyway....sorry working it out here LOL

great job on the 3.5 miles ladies...and I love when the weather agrees w/ the run!! woo hoo!!!

hugs to you and everyone else...hope your days are rockin!!! well off to work...later!!!
    Ali :drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Nice running, ladies! :flowerforyou:

Ali - I hope you took some Aleve or Advil for your back. :frown:

I'm going after werk tonight. Should be nice & toasty by then! :tongue:

Hope everyone has great runs/rests today! :heart:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Good morning,

Read through my book a little more and I am allowed to add a 4th run a week as long as I take it easy.

So, today I ran 2.5 miles.

Have a great day!
    Mireille
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    I just got back from about a 3 mile run - and it was great! I wasn't going to run for a week because my knee's been bothering me, but I couldn't stand not going. I've been icing it and thought I'd stay close to home if I had to quit. Well, I didn't hurt the whole time I was gone! Ice and Advil will be my friends.

PS - we have an orthopedic PA for a friend and since it only hurts when I'm running, he figures it's probably just tendenitis.

Have a good run Everyone.
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    for all of you runners out there - any tips on how to gradually start running? i walk pretty quick (13 minute mile) on the treadmill, and walk the dog alot...but would like to burn more calories in a shorter time....

never liked running unless i am chasing a ball (used to play soccer and field hockey in highschool/college). any way to gradually start into it?
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    for all of you runners out there - any tips on how to gradually start running? i walk pretty quick (13 minute mile) on the treadmill, and walk the dog alot...but would like to burn more calories in a shorter time....

never liked running unless i am chasing a ball (used to play soccer and field hockey in highschool/college). any way to gradually start into it?

The best thing is to start with a walk/jog. Walk for five minutes, jog for two, walk for five, jog for two. Then every week increase your jogging time and decrease your walking time. Eventually you'll be in a full-out jog!
  • Shannon023
    Oh yeah!!! We're THIS supportive of each other!!! {{first sign}} :drinker: :drinker:

http://www.elitefeet.com/take-a-dump-in-your-pants-if-you-need-to
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member

The best thing is to start with a walk/jog. Walk for five minutes, jog for two, walk for five, jog for two. Then every week increase your jogging time and decrease your walking time. Eventually you'll be in a full-out jog!

Look for training programs that do this for you. I've been doing the Couch to 5K training, although I'm still out with a bad sinus infection. It gets you running a 5K in 9 weeks. you can go to www.coolrunning.com then click on training, then new runners. You can dowload the program for free. It has worked for me. I may have to back track a week or so now once I can get back out there. Good luck!
  • kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Hey all!! Hard for me to update lately - am out of town atm but am happy to hear everyone's updates.

Celebrated Canada day in Ottawa yesterday and managed to fit in a cool 8 k run in the morning! The day before that was a 7 k run. I've broken my 5 k mental barrier, so am happy to be running further. The next thing is going to be speed. But today is going to be a rest day for me. My poor body is so dehydrated and all I really want to do is shop :tongue: Maybe I'll speed walk while i shop and call it exercise. :wink: lol
  • Shannon023
    Hey all!! Hard for me to update lately - am out of town atm but am happy to hear everyone's updates.

Celebrated Canada day in Ottawa yesterday and managed to fit in a cool 8 k run in the morning! The day before that was a 7 k run. I've broken my 5 k mental barrier, so am happy to be running further. The next thing is going to be speed. But today is going to be a rest day for me. My poor body is so dehydrated and all I really want to do is shop :tongue: Maybe I'll speed walk while i shop and call it exercise. :wink: lol

I'd say you earned a rest day! :heart:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Hi you inspiring runners!

Well I went to my first training group last night. The track was closed so we had to run around the football field :grumble: But there were at least 50 people there and it was very exciting! I paced myself with a woman who had a timing watch. We did 2 1/2 minutes run then 1 1/4 walk. It felt just right - I was ready to walk but not dying. This Saturday is a distance workout. Don't know exactly the dif yet between speed and distance workouts but I'm soon to find out! Today is a crosstraining day. Thanks for all the encouragment!
    Bunny
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Hi!

Today is not a running day for me. I'm going to lift weights and do a litttle elliptical. Have a wonderful day everybody.

Bunny- If your training program is similar to mine, distance workouts are at a slower pace and longer than the speed workouts.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    My feet are sore but I feel GREAT! 4.5 miles for me today.
  • Shannon023

New shoes?? Old shoes????

Great job! :drinker:
  • Nich0le

I have plantar fasciatis and heel spurs and that pain I know what needs to be done, I think I dropped something on the top of my right foot, it is buised and a bit swollen. I guess a smart girl would have kept the running shoes off today, but I wasn't wanting to be smart this AM! :laugh: Instead I decided my run was more important that a bruised foot top
  • Shannon023

I have plantar fasciatis and heel spurs and that pain I know what needs to be done, I think I dropped something on the top of my right foot, it is buised and a bit swollen. I guess a smart girl would have kept the running shoes off today, but I wasn't wanting to be smart this AM! :laugh: Instead I decided my run was more important that a bruised foot top

I had that when I was preggers - hurts like the devil!!! :noway: Do you use the rubber bands to stretch those muscles out?
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member

I'm going after werk tonight. Should be nice & toasty by then! :tongue:

[/quote

Ignore the bush on the right it isnt me I swear.
  • Nich0le
    I had that when I was preggers - hurts like the devil!!! :noway: Do you use the rubber bands to stretch those muscles out?

No rubber bands, but I have to ace bandages that just fit around the arch of the foot, a brace that keeps the foot stretched, advil, ice ice ice. I finally went to a doctor and he ok'd the running. Besides if anyone else has this, I have found that exercise actually helps keep the area stretched and flexible and that actually eases the pain.

Oh and the brace is funny, it wraps around your fore foot and just under the knee and there is a strap that you adjust that runs between the two. It is quite the contraption but it works!