Here she goes AGAIN

Options
Good afternoon.....today begins yet another attempt at a more healthy lifestyle for me. I have tried numerous times and have always been derailed by someone or something...usually myself. I am hoping that this very cool program motivates me and keeps me honest. I work in a very stressful environment and have often turned to food for comfort. Have finally realized that it really isnt comforting me at all and I feel and look a mess. In fact, I just plugged in my lunch intake and realized that i really dont have alot of calories left for supper. What an eye opener ( as she puts the cheese and crackers back in the fridge). Wishing everyone good health and much happiness:smile:

Replies

• citizenpioneer
    citizenpioneer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Keeping track on here certainly is the slap in the face I needed, so hopefully it will help you too!
  • paigelyn88
    paigelyn88 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I just started this also and it is unbelievable what I have been eating in the past. Let's work on this together, I will happily be your friend!
  • hoosiermama44
    Options
    Welcome! From someone who has "started again" approximately 3.6 million times I have to say - as long as we keep trying we will get there!!!! I love this forum, it keeps me accountable and keeps me from "dropping out" when the going gets rough because everyone here has had an off/bad day!
  • kwelborn2873
    Options
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!
  • eed_bookworm
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    All the best to you as you embark on your journey here!
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!
    My first day to log my calories here it said I would gain 7 lbs in the next 5 weeks if I kept on the same diet. It really does help.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    this is def the right place to come! i have found that using MFP makes a huge difference! i have not done many diets, and really didn't want to do one at all, so MFP is perfect, cause i am totally not dieting, i am just more aware of what i am eating, and MFP helps me make better decisions by seeing what i have eaten, and what i can have still. welcome, and i hope you have lots of success here :)
  • georgiam03
    Options
    I'm so glad you joined....
    Showing up is half the battle...
    Let's motivate and support each other.
    G.
  • DaisyJane82
    DaisyJane82 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean, I've tried to get back on track so many times but keep getting derailed. I ended up gaining more weight in the long run. I've definitely turned to food for comfort.

I've never tried counting calories before on a site like this. I am hoping this will keep me on track too. We can all motivate eachother.:)