Bed Check

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
So, I was just curious...

Do you make your bed?

If it takes you three minutes to make your bed every day, from the age of five to the age of 55 you have spent 912.5 hours or 38 days making your bed. I don't know about you but I think I can find something more fun to do with 912.5 hours of my life besides making a bed.

Replies

• christinslough
    christinslough Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    NOPE! We may pull the covers up and tidy a bit when we get out, but it takes less than 30 seconds and does not involve smoothing or decorative pillows :)
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    oddly enough, we make the bed right before we get in it! i have a hyper dog who loves to mess up the covers, so there's really no point.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I don't... I never understood why people would make the bed when they get up only to mess it up again that night. I can understand if you have guests or trying to sell your house and want it to look nice, but other than that who cares really? Only time I make my bed is after I wash the sheets and put them back on. lol
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    The fun comes in the unmaking... Just sayin...
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Nope, unless I have people come over, which is rare lol.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I make my bed as soon as I get out of it or it calls to me all day wanting me to come nap :)
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Nope! When we started dating, my husband made his bed daily... let's just say I converted him!
  • jenniix
    jenniix Posts: 15
    Options
    LOL, no not really.
    We never sleep under the comforter or anything (too hot!), but we use a little blanket and I just fold it up the next day. Not a big deal and we don't have anything fancy. No one ever sees our room anyway, so who cares! :P

But, I remember always getting in trouble for not making my bed when I was a kid. UGH, what's the point?! I'm just going to mess it up later anyway. :( And I work hard while I'm asleep to get my bed comfortable and how I want it... Why would I want to mess that up by making it! :P
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    My husband and i actually argue about that constantly. I see no point, the children jump on it and mess it up, we're just going to mess it up again anyway, etc. So we have compromised, I remember most days to put the pillows back on the bed and throw the cover up over it, but don't really "make" the bed. And oops, you just reminded me that I didn't even do that this morning. Time to go make it look somewhat presentable.
  • bam0904
    bam0904 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I make my bed everyday! If not and something horrible happens, people will see my messy room. I have OCD issues!!! And by making it, it prevents me from getting back in
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump. My fiance has to see this! Best. Post. Ever.
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    This post just made me feel WAY better about myself! I do not make my bed other than when I put on fresh bedding or have people coming over (sometimes even then I just close my bedroom door) I have often thought I was the minority but i guess not! Yippee!!

I will happily continue to NOT make my bed!
    ~Beth
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i make mine.
    i think it's a control thing... if i walk into the room and bed is unmade it feels out of control... but walking in during the day and seeing it made feels calming... makes me feel like a 'grown-up' *LOL*

go ahead and laugh..makes me laugh too *L*
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    oddly enough, we make the bed right before we get in it! i have a hyper dog who loves to mess up the covers, so there's really no point.

I do that a lot depending on how messed up the covers are... a bed that is made just feels more comfy.
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I don't... I never understood why people would make the bed when they get up only to mess it up again that night. I can understand if you have guests or trying to sell your house and want it to look nice, but other than that who cares really? Only time I make my bed is after I wash the sheets and put them back on. lol

Me too. I love crawling into fresh wash sheets!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    yep - every morning. my husband teaches and i'm unemployed, so if the bed's not made i will lay in it all day! so we make it together everyday. besides, it's pretty!
  • LarryPGH
    LarryPGH Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Nope. Who's gonna see it, anyway?
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    So, I was just curious...

Do you make your bed?

If it takes you three minutes to make your bed every day, from the age of five to the age of 55 you have spent 912.5 hours or 38 days making your bed. I don't know about you but I think I can find something more fun to do with 912.5 hours of my life besides making a bed.

Nope!! I let my husband waste HIS time making the bed lol
    I have never really been one to make the bed but it drives him crazy lol
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Hell no! As a teenager I promised myself I would never make my bed after moving out of my parents house and I never broke that promise. LOL!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    As soon as we get out of it in the morning it's made! My hubby is actually the neat freak that got me into the habit. Normally we get out of bed at the same time so we make it together.