Confused on weight I've lost

Options
Hi,

I've been on MFP for 2 weeks, logging my calories every day. I've consumed about 25k calories in 14 days. I don't exercise really and have a desk job so MFP estimates I burn 2500 calories a day. So that's 35k in 14 days. A difference of about 10k which should be about 3 lbs lost. I've lost 6 lbs so far, where did the other 3 lbs lost come from? Is it water weight or is MFP underestimating calories I burn everyday? What other factors could it be? Thanks for any help!

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Water
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    yep
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Glycogen in the liver & water
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Glycogen in the liver & water

Actually, total liver glycogen is only about 120 grams; a negligible contributor to weight loss and actually only depleted if the OP is really low carbohydrate.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    It is water. When I was extremely sick with pneumonia which did not respond to the first course of anti-biotic my doctor put me on, as the follow-up appointment she checked my blood pressure which was very high. She put me on a diuretic and an ACE inhibitor and a week later, with no diets changes I had lost 10 pounds primarily due to the diuretic. That extra fluid was playing a big role in the blood pressure problem I had. I tell you that because not to make you think you have problems there, but to illustrate that your body can retain a lot of water, and when we are fat, it very easily does so. As you lose weight you will lose water weight as well first because you are eating more healthily and getting more active, and second because as your body gets smaller, it simply doesn't have the space it had before for the water. All of that is a good thing, and will help your overall heath a great deal.