Cheesy pasta for Under 300 Calories!

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
Two things I LOVE are pasta and cheese... but that combination is generally a calorie blast straight to the hips!

I know some of you have already discovered the joy of laughing cow cheese. but I just made this for lunch and it was GREAT!

2 oz Whole Wheat Linguine
2 wedges laughing cow swiss cheese
1/2 tbs cardio light butter substitute (30cal for 1tbs brand)
garlic powder to taste
Mrs. Dash to taste.
1 tbs reduced fat parmesan cheese (optional)
Black pepper to taste.

1. Boil the noodles to your desired level of firmness, Drain - If Sodium isn't something you are as concerned about watching, boiling in chicken broth instead of water adds a lot of flavor, with only a few calories, unfortunately I need to watch my sodium, sigh. - then return them to the pot

2. melt in the buttery spread

3. Melt in the cheese, after melted mis with a dash of garlic powder, Mrs. Dash - the wonder spice, a little black pepper, and Parmesan cheese for some extra cheesyness!

This would also be great with some seasoned chicken on top or cooked with onions, peppers, broccoli or mushrooms.

Replies

• mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing.
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! I am definitely going to try this soon :D And I think I will also use your recommendation of adding chicken and mushrooms to make it for dinner.

Thanks for sharing!
  • usmcpatience
    Options
    BUMP! Sounds yummy!
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bumb.. thing i might try that tonight! thanks!
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump--huge fan of cheese and pasta this sounds :smile:
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    bump thanks
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    yummm:)
    this sounds great
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I like to make pasta like this and use the garlic herb laughing cow cheese :)
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow...easy. I think I may add a cube of Trader Joes frozen garlic and frozen basil. I always have all those ingredients in the house.

Here is a good breakfast item: combine eggwhites, 1 TBS fat free milk, Fox Point seasoning (form Penzey's) and 1/2 a wheel of Laughing Cow Light Baby Bel snipped up. Put in microwave for 1 minute 35 seconds and plop on wheat toast or high fiber english muffin. The cheese gets all melted and stringy...YUM!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sounds soooo good!!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    bump
  • kmparks24
    kmparks24 Posts: 198
    Options
    Yummy! I'm going to try this one!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    bump. must. cook. this.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    Bump...thanks
  • lexis0911
    lexis0911 Posts: 50
    Options
    i can live off of pasta and cheese!! bad combo, but this sounds delish!! thanks for posting!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Im literally getting off the couch to go make this RIGHT NOW. THANKS for the dinner idea!!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how I was going to spice up my boring pasta and chicken for tonight! Thanks :smile:
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    major keeper.
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    mmmm this sounds so good! i have to try laughing cow cheese now everyone raves about it!