needs help

cassfeickert
cassfeickert Posts: 22
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
So this say i should eat 1200 calories a day...and so far i still have 598 left 2 eat i dont think i can eat that much more...and this number is without me putting in that im a breastfeeding mom...and without a work out or anything..what does this mean do i need 2 make sure i eat at least 1200 calories or what?

Replies

• as a breastfeeding mom you should be eating about 1700 calories a day or your body will potentially go into starvation mode
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Definitely! You should probably eat more than that because you are nursing. Make sure you eat good nutritious foods.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Eat some bread or something that will give you lots of calories but wont be too heavy. A salad with Ceaser dressing and croutons is full of calories. Give it a try.
  • Yeah the idea is that you don't want your body to go into starvation mode. If you're not taking enough in, especially if you're exercising, your body will start to hang on to its own fat (like hoarding it) for fear of being left without enough. You can't lose weight that way. If you're getting full on many calories less, start to revisit what foods you're eating. Some kinds of foods (and drinks) make you feel fuller, or bloated. Also get enough fiber and water to help flush out the excess. You need the extra water if you're nursing, anyway!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    as a breastfeeding mom you should be eating about 1700 calories a day or your body will potentially go into starvation mode

Ditto this advice, but not because of the starvation mode but because if you don't your baby will also be missing out on its nutrition. Its easy to add extra calories without volume, eating avacados, dairy, more protein etc..but without seeing your diary have no idea what you are actually eating so hard to make suggestions
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    i partially disagree with everyone's advice. if you're not hungry today, then don't force feed yourself. you know it is important as a breastfeeding mom to get proper nutrition, but your body will tell you when you need more or less by being hungry & cravings. i say enjoy a lower calorie day today & don't worry unless it becomes a habit that you're not eating enough.
This discussion has been closed.