What Is Clean & Healthy

Options
2»

Replies

• rebecca_goss0
    Options
    thanks so much for your input! Could always use more help in living better.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I posted this earlier today.

Eating clean is the practice of eating whole, natural foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and complex carbohydrates. It also means staying away from the junk that typically makes up the Standard American Diet (S.A.D) These types of food include man-made sugar, bad fats (hydrogenated, trans-fat), preservatives, white bread, and any other ingredients that are unnecessary. An easy way to remember if a food is clean is: "if man made it, don't eat it."

A person that eats clean generally practices the following:

Eliminates refined sugar
    Cooks healthy meals
    Packs healthy meals
    Makes healthy choices when dining out
    Drinks a lot of water
    Eats 5-6 small meals per day
    Eliminates alcoholic beverages (or significantly limits it)
    Always eats breakfast

You can actually buy organic wine.
  • rebecca_goss0
    Options
    thanks I will keep this in mind if I choose to drink wine.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    There is an addictive combination of fat, salt carbs and sugars that can cause cravings and binges. I know that my diet is clean and healthy when I am not craving for all those tasty, quick and bad for you foods. In my mind "clean and healthy" occurs when you clean all of the addictive foods out of your system. Then, it's easier to eat a healthy diet. Easy in theory but not in practice!
  • rebecca_goss0
    Options
    For the most part I have done well with cleaning it up. I do cook and make better choices and I know I will get better. Most important is that I am working on it and have come a good way in my thinking and changing. It sure isn't easy, as I do love food and have used food as a crutch. Thanks to eveyone for the advice. Keep it coming.
  • GlutenFreeWench
    Options
    You have lots of input here:)
    I definitely agree that cutting out the bars would help.
    Soy milk, almond milk- unsweetened, not flavored are what I suggest for your milk replacement
    My rule of thumb is that if I buy something, less than 5 ingredients and nothing I can't pronounce:)

Aka, I normally only shop on the outside of the store. I've eschewed peanut butter for peanut flour instead- (some people prefer pb2)

I also love food- but I've had to cut out all sugars because of medical reasons, and that limits processed. No dressings for me- I make my own with olive oils and different vinegars! We have a shop nearby that sells oils and vinegars of different flavors- and I always hit the spice shop next to it for tons of different seasonings that you can't buy at your local grocery

5-6 meals a day with protein and produce at every meal is the way I live:)

Your menu looks good overall:)
  • roywil
    roywil Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about the ,isles I never really noticed that,:happy: