Foods that increase you metabolism

Options
2»

Replies

• Rhiven43
    Rhiven43 Posts: 8
    Options

I have actually been using salsa to dip my chicken and various things in. I used to use Ranch, but it is so high in calories! The salsa has been a great low-cal substitute!!

I will have to find more uses for salsa, and yours is a good one. Another sad diet casualty is that I used to love doing up an eggs ranchero breakfast, but I had to limit my egg intake due to cholesterol concerns.

This may sound odd, but I actually use salsa in place of salad dressing. If you like tomatoes on your salads, it's not too different really, just a nice kick! And, low cal! :smile:
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and lemon juice

There for a minute I thought I'd found someone else who liked my quirky treat! I miss cottage cheese with a shot of lemon juice and some lemon pepper. Makes it taste sooooo yummy. I don't think cottage cheese increases your metabolism though.
  • Deb2chef
    Deb2chef Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the tefalactifry I have one and can still have chips without the fat content
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Bump
  • jackal75
    jackal75 Posts: 95
    Options
    This may sound odd, but I actually use salsa in place of salad dressing. If you like tomatoes on your salads, it's not too different really, just a nice kick! And, low cal! :smile:

I think I may modify that and make a modified taco salad like the one here:
    http://www.morningstarfarms.com/recipe_detail.aspx?id=2713
  • jackal75
    jackal75 Posts: 95
    Options
    If you really want chips and salsa, you can bake some cut up whole wheat flour tortillas, or some corn tortillas, less sodium at the very least. I don't remember exactly how to do it (and Im not at home to look at the recipe I have) but if your interested let me know.

That does peak my interest!