I feel like giving up

Options
:mad: I don't know what I am doing wrong its so frustrating. I even give advise to others on their calorie intake and exercise tips. I go to the gym five days and week and I log everything I eat. I even stay under my calories by 200 sometimes. But I am platued at my wieght I even put 5 pounds back on this month. I took a pregnancy test to try and explain my weight gain. I feel like giving up sometimes because I work so hard and I can't loose these last 15..... well now 20 again....uggg....I am wondering if its my birth controll? I have and IUD...anyone know anything about this because I am so frustrated. I will never stop working out because going to the gym every morning is my peice of mine. But eveything else is driving me crazy when this weight just won't bedge....:explode:

Replies

• monicayogima
    Options
    :mad: I don't know what I am doing wrong its so frustrating. I even give advise to others on their calorie intake and exercise tips. I go to the gym five days and week and I log everything I eat. I even stay under my calories by 200 sometimes. But I am platued at my wieght I even put 5 pounds back on this month. I took a pregnancy test to try and explain my weight gain. I feel like giving up sometimes because I work so hard and I can't loose these last 15..... well now 20 again....uggg....I am wondering if its my birth controll? I have and IUD...anyone know anything about this because I am so frustrated. I will never stop working out because going to the gym every morning is my peice of mine. But eveything else is driving me crazy when this weight just won't bedge....:explode:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sister!!! Did you do your measurements yet?

I'm so sick of the @%@$##$ scale not moving!!! But inches is where it's at!!! ::humph::
    I just want to cry for all of us who are working our tails off and who have naughty scales!!! Grrrr...I wish I could use my magic wand and poof your pounds away!

scale.jpg
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

You mentioned staying under your cals by 200?
    Considering you work out every am, could you not be eating enough?
    I know how frustrating it can be ((HUGS))

Kim
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Hi

Kim

That's what I was wondering. 200 x 7 days is 1400 calories....which is a lot not to eat!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i hear you.. im on my second month and last week i maitained.. but this week i made sure that i got all 8 cups of water... you boddy holds water... drink ... drink... drink..... and drink some more... it helped me.. a lot..im down 3 pounds this week.. not because im not eating but because im eating all mycal.. drinking water and excersie... i still dont understand the part if you excerise you need to eat more.. so i eat my cal.. only.. and drink..
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    I am no where near my goal weight, but when the scale doesn't move for me , i have a cheat day. THe very day or so, I drop another pound. I don't know why, but it works for me. I don't know if my body gets used to the calorie deficit so it won't budge, but when I do the zigzagging and cheat day, it works.
  • monicayogima
    Options
    I don't really think about drinking water because I drink soo much....myabe toomuch...maybe its water retention
  • monicayogima
    Options
    Hi

Kim

That's what I was wondering. 200 x 7 days is 1400 calories....which is a lot not to eat!

Ok what is the best way to eat those 200 calories and not gain....what is the best food..I though I knew what to eat but maybe not. So if I have 200 left for the day whats the best thing to eat that will help me loose weight?
  • pmys
    pmys Posts: 7
    Options
    HI....the road will have its ups and downs. I always try to remember that it is about being healthy. I learned that it is also what we eat and when. I personally don't want to regiment myself that much. Part of the road is being happy with who you are at EVERY step of the way and that the glass is half full not half empty. You can do it and even if you don't still be happy with who you are and how much you have accomplished! Smiles...
  • 2Shoes
    Options
    Hi

Kim

Ok what is the best way to eat those 200 calories and not gain....what is the best food..I though I knew what to eat but maybe not. So if I have 200 left for the day whats the best thing to eat that will help me loose weight?

Anything full of fiber..........salad, watermelon or any of these:

# Raspberries
    # Blackberries
    # Strawberries
    # Rye
    # Broccoli
    # Green beans
    # Apples with skin
    # Spinach
    # Beet greens
    # Kale
    # Collard
    # Swiss Chard
    # Turnip greens
    # Almonds
    # Brazil nuts
    # Peanuts
    # Walnuts
    # Cherries
    # Brussel Sprouts
    # Stone ground whole wheat
  • pmys
    pmys Posts: 7
    Options
    HI....the road will have its ups and downs. I always try to remember that it is about being healthy. I learned that it is also what we eat and when. I personally don't want to regiment myself that much. Part of the road is being happy with who you are at EVERY step of the way and that the glass is half full not half empty. You can do it and even if you don't at that moment you can still be happy with who you are and how much you have accomplished! Smiles...
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated. I think you look great and you can be proud of doing all the right things to be healthy. My advice, talk to an expert. Talk to a personal trainer and/or nutritionist. If you feel there's a medical reason, talk to your doctor. Although we might be able to offer some insight, we are guessing as much as you are.

I've been loosing a lot of weight and recently have started to plateau. I talked to a nutritionist who was really able to give me some insight on some simple, and healthy, things I needed to do to jump start the weight loss again. If you have a lot of weight to loose then simple calorie reduction can be very successful. The less you have to loose the more important when/how/what you eat becomes. For example, he advised me to reduce the number of high sugar fruits I eat and instead substitute some other vegetables. Apparantly the fruit, although low in calories, can spike blood sugar and cause your body to hold onto fat.

The sad fact is that sometimes, calories out exceed calories in, is not enough to loose weight. You may need to look at when and how you get your calories. You might also need to look at what types and intensity of exercises you're doing.

Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be able to get the weight loss kick-started soon.