I am a newbie to the site

Options
Hello,

I downloaded the app to my phone about 2 weeks ago. I love the app and have enjoyed the site so far.

Replies

• tea76
    tea76 Posts: 35
    Options
    hi and welcome! this site is awesome and the people are great! feel free if you want to befriend me for encouragement and support x
  • MrsQFlowers
    Options
    Hello, I am new as well and so far I really like this site. it has helped alot.
  • tnewcomb38
    Options
    Hello, I joined about a week ago, I'm new also. Seems like a great site to be on.:):smile:
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies.

Welcome to the site. Like meamom123 I too downloaded the app first to my ipod,

I have been using this site, along with exercise since Feb 2nd and have lost a total of 7 lbs. Would have been a little more If I hadn't gotten a cold and was unable to go to the gym.

Here are some hints to help you on your weight loss goal.

1. When you weigh yourself, only do it once a week in the morning after you wake up.

2. Make sure you follow the portion size dictated.... 4 oz. of chicken, turkey, etc.

3. For your snack cravings, try nuts, or the lower cal, lower fat, lower carb options.

4. If you have an iPhone or iPod or some other smart phone with the app, make sure you have it with you to record your exercises and food intake, I make sure to carry mine with me all the time when I leave the house.

5. I bought the Nike sport pack, which has a chip you can put in a special Nike shoe, or you can stick it under the laces on top of your shoe to record the actual speed, distance and time you walked. (If you're unsure as to the speed you walk, speed = distance divided by time)

I hope those hints help. Good luck on your weight loss goals.

BTW. I have a low cal , low fat, low carb receipe for a parmasean chicken meal WITH the sides (this does not count your drink) posted under the receipes forum.