calories in supplements?

Options
First off, does anyone take supplements regularly? Not diet pill or anything, but you know, vitamins etc? I take a good variety, but in my calcium soft chew, fish oil and CLA...i never thought to consider the calorie count on those for my daily allowance. So I put them in my diary today and they're a whopping 130 calories in a days worth of pills. Come on that's so not fair. But i guess when you think of the type of supplement (oily kinds), I suppose I ought to take their calories into account rather than pretending they're not affecting my diet.....

what does everyone think on that?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie so it must be counted! I just take a multi and a B12 which have negligible calories. It's the oils that get you!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    when they add up to that many calories than yes I'd count them.
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't count my supplements. I take iron, vitamin C, fish oil, vitamin d, womens multi vitamin, and then 3 perscriptions. I figure they are needed and I am not going to let 100 calories or so get to me. But I did just go and log them to see and it is only 10 calories for mine so I am good I think.
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    I take numerous vitamins...I could not do without them...No I do not count the calories because they are absorbed rapidly..The calories from the breakdown of foods into their digested caloric state is entirely different in their metabolic breakdown...I have been losing 3 pounds a week...

My vitamins are:
    Multivitamins
    Co-Q 10
    D-3
    Kyolic for Digestion
    Bio-Curcumin
    Omega 3
    Black Cohosh
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I alway put in my vitamins (one a day for women, apple cide vinegar, calcium&D, and fish oil) Mine only total 10 calories so maybe look for other brands...I put them in for I have accurate nutritional information my diary. I count the calories as part of my 1200.