Weigh-In

Options
I'm curious how often is a good time frame to weigh myself and update on the site. I've done weight watchers in the past and that is once a week. I'm just curious as to how often others are doing it......thanks for sharing!

Replies

• metajess
    metajess Posts: 29
    Options
    i try to keep it at once a week, usually i do it more just out of curiosity
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but only "weigh-in" once a week
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I weigh & log once per week, every Friday. However, if it's that TOM, I will weigh twice during that week just to avoid false readings due to bloating, etc.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm trying to get it down to once a week....right now it's at least once a day, which I know is just not good for me mentally. The people I've seen about weight loss, maintainance, and gain (yes, I've hit a point at I've had to gain weight) recommend no more than once a week. Any more than that, and you risk becoming obsessive (I've had issues with it).
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week, more often than that and weight fluctuations due to more or less water/sodium/fiber start to get to me. On occasion I will weigh out of curiosity, but I only record after my morning bathroom trip on Sundays.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    several times a day im becoming obsessed :(
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I check my weight every morning (becoming an obsession as my scale is right on my way out of the bathroom...) but I don't count it as my weigh in until each wednesday...so once a week.

I think your obsession dies down a little bit after awhile....

Don't let it get the best of you...the scale can be a tricky beast
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I do it every Sat. morning with the scale in the same spot with the same PJ's on...lol This Sat. I weighed in and for a twist I weighed my self on Sun. too......lol it was 10# more, So if you want to make yourself crazy weigh in more then one time a week :P
  • stacy7533
    stacy7533 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself everyday, always in the morning before eating. I can accept a 3 lb "variance" before getting worried. I read a blurb in this month's Shape magazine and it said that people who weigh themselves daily lose more and maintain easier because you can see weight creeping back on. Here's the online link: http://www.shape.com/health/your-health/4-home-goods-to-boost-personal-health
  • hellenyork
    Options
    Well I have avoided stepping on the scale at all since doing it on Monday and signing up so I hope that won't become an obsession for me! Thanks for all the great advice!
  • exxxtasi
    exxxtasi Posts: 39
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week....i find im my lightest Sundays and Thursdays(i dunno why! lol) ...Sunday is my official weigh in, and Thursday is just my maintenance weigh in, make sure im on track and if i need to work harder!