Have about 20 lbs to lose---all in this together!

Options
fnm101
fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
Hi folks,
I was in super shape 5 years ago (30 lbs lighter, and plenty of muscle). As my life has changed (graduate school, crazy schedule, etc.) I have slacked off with exercising, and eat completely different from how I ate when I was in tip-top shape. The nice thing is that I enjoy working out, but I don't do it often or vigorously enough. To top it off, there's no shortage of "free food" events that provide things that I otherwise would not buy and/or prepare for myself.

I have about 20 lbs to lose. My goal is to do this by June 1. Anyone out there in the same boat? I know what it feels like to be serious about eating well and exercising, but I've allowed life to "get in the way." I could use a bit of support as I get back on track.

Feel free to add me as your friend if you can offer any advice/support! I'd appreciate having folks on this journey back to health with me :)

SW: 196 lbs
GW: 173 lbs

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I have about an additional 15 to lose to get to my ultimate goal, if you need some tips check out my blog, there is a post there about getting the metabolism cranked up, its a good read for both men and women and came directly from a dietician who customizes diet plans.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm in that boat! I gained weight because of school and stress, and now I've got my wedding coming up! I would love to lose 20 pounds for it! Keep me posted on how things are going.
  • Marking02
    Marking02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am also in the same boat, life has taken over and now i need alot of motivation to get back to a healthier me. I also have have a wedding coming up, and would like to be at a healthy weight so that i can feel confident in my dress. We're not in this alone, so lets get serious and work through these tough times together ;) Thanks everyone for the amazing support!
  • CasTrim
    CasTrim Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm all in also. A few years ago I was in the best shape, but now I've got baby weight (that's 7 years old!). I don't work out as I should and I definitely don't eat right.

SW 173
    GW 142
  • seleck05
    seleck05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am in a very similar boat. I used to be an athlete (long distance runner) and so I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight. Then a busy college schedule came, and now an even busier law school schedule and the pounds just piled on as I wasn't working out much and kept eating the same! My total weight loss goal was 30 lbs, I have 20 left to lose to reach my absolute ideal weight–10 more and I think I'd be happy. My problem is I have bad knees now so it is hard for me to run outside which was my favorite exercise activity.
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    hi everyone- i slacked off and stopped logging in...is anyone interested in being my accountability partner? basically we'd harass (j/k) each other for not logging in. if you need this sort of "nagging" please let me know! thanks :)

looking forward to losing this 20 pounds. for real this time... :)