NSV - food changes

Options
ShellyMacchi
ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
in the not so distant past (a couple of months ago? *LOL*), if there were leftover boiled potatoes sitting in the fridge, they weren't there for long...as it always meant 'tonight i am having those potatoes, sliced, pan fried (the more butter the better), and then topped with a couple of fried eggs. Then the final touch was salt and pepper.. and by that i mean alot of salt, and some pepper. It was not unheard of for this to include a couple of pieces of toast too.

Tonight, there were leftover boiled fingerling potatoes sitting in the fridge, calling me.

Did i have them? darned right i did...

BUT

tonight i only used 1/2 cup of them (yes, i measured).. and then sorta 'sauted' them with a touch of water, AND a handful of cherry tomatoes, chopped red pepper, 4 sliced black olives, and at last moment a jampacked cupful of raw spinach!
To top this delicious and SO colourful mixture off were 2 poached eggs.. and then a drizzle of apple cider vinegar with some dijon mustard.

NO added salt.
only a lil potatoes..and the rest? beautiful colourful fresh veg!

My plate was full, i felt inordinately proud just by how pretty it looked! *LOL*
And then i sat down to eat and that first mouthful was delicious!

i polished off this meal. And never once...not once.. did i wish it was JUST potatoes and eggs! in fact.. i sat here wondering.. what the heck took me so long to discover how great such a simple meal change would taste!

Even if i never logged into mfp again, even if i never changed another thing about my eating habits... i already know i will not ever again just 'choose' potatoes and eggs the way the old shelly would have done.. cause THIS version is just SO much better tasting!

*L*
i know... a silly NSV to some maybe... but was a lightbulb moment for me *S*

ooh and yes... tonights meal fit perfectly fine into my food diary for today *L*

Replies

• blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Dang....that sounds delicious. And nutritious! Dang! Way to go!
  • simplywriting
    Options
    Mmmmm yum!! Great choice!
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! to you babes:-) So PROUD of you... and I wanna have some too.

That's what I am finding in the diaries of friends, who are sharing them. That they are definitely not starving.. just making wiser choices & have an interesting combos of foods I would never have thought to put together. You go Girl!:flowerforyou:
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sounds fantastic and not silly at all. Changing the way we think is not easy, but remains the key to our success.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    SMART GIRL... You are recognizing things that alot of people never see. That's part of the acceptance of change.. that's awesome..Proud of you...
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    thank you all *S*
    i wish i had taken a picture of the meal before i devoured it *L*... was SO darned pretty!

it's true.. we eat first with our eyes *S*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!