picky eater

Options
loreeb18
loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
Does anybody have any good recipes for relatively plain meals? I'm really picky. I like chicken, beef, turkey, and pork but I don't like marinades or sauces. I get bored just eating deli meat or turkey breast all the time. So I end up eating pizza, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, all kinds of bad for me foods. If anybody has any alternatives for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Replies

• amandaj81
    amandaj81 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I am extremely picky too & have problems finding plain recipes & I don't eat beef or pork I just eat chicken or turkey. I didn't think there was anybody else out there with the same problem that was over 10 yrs old its nice to know I'm not the only one I wish I could help. The only ways I really make my chicken is either I put spices like lemon & pepper or italian seasoning on it & put on my george foreman grill or I put progresso bread crumbs on it & bake in the oven.
    Well good luck
    Amanda
  • apojones
    apojones Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You actually have a good problem! The sauces are usually fattening and unhealthy. Why not just grill some chicken tenders (can be cooked from the iced frozen state) with just some seasoned salt and put it with some yummy broccoli, corn, carrots, cauliflower or other vegetables. Throw in a salad with no dressing, just some low fat sharp cheddar cheese, tomatoes and some lemon or lime juice and you've got a GREAT meal. You could also make a healthy "Pizza" out of a whole wheat flour tortilla, some low fat cheese of your choice and cut up cubes of sun-dried tomato or cajun flavored turkey breast that can be found in your local deli. You can also add mushrooms, red/green peppers or onions for flavor, color and nutrition. Bon Appetite!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i am also a very picky eater and i like hardly nothing, no pizza tacos, chili, burritos hamburgs unless it is with out a bun i love spaghetti i know this is nornally fattening so i will usually just have the noodles with tomatoes and chili peppers and spices ofcourse:flowerforyou:
  • jenken99
    Options
    i am also a very picky eater and i like hardly nothing, no pizza tacos, chili, burritos hamburgs unless it is with out a bun i love spaghetti i know this is nornally fattening so i will usually just have the noodles with tomatoes and chili peppers and spices ofcourse:flowerforyou:
  • jenken99
    Options
    how did that come up twice????:)~
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

MAGIC!! :bigsmile:

Or for any other 'Office' fans out there....
    what-she-said-lg.gif
    :laugh:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I also am a very plain eater, no extra sauces or spices. Lots of chicken, salmon, cottage cheese, other fishes. I also make some burritos with low carb whole wheat tortillas, fat free cheese (grose on its own fine instuff, melts kinda weird though), and fat free beans, I also like morning star corn dogs when I am in a junk mood they taste great and are not too bad and I also like salad, but only iceburg. I am having a hard time finding a lower cal/fat ranch I like so I just limit the amount I have.
  • jlauren6
    Options

MAGIC!! :bigsmile:

Or for any other 'Office' fans out there....
    what-she-said-lg.gif
    :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I LOVE THE OFFICE!!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Why not alter those "bad for you" foods into "not so bad for you" foods. For instance, use low calorie whole grain bread and reduced fat cheeses for your grilled cheese sandwiches. Same goes for mac n cheese, just use whole grain pasta. Pizza can be good for you, too! Homemade chicken fajita pizzas made on a whole grain tortilla or pita are yummy and is also a good way to sneak in extra veggies. And if you like pizza then you might like something like chicken parmesan, which is basically chicken breasts with tomato sauce and cheese - pretty much some of the same ingredients found on a pizza.

There are LOADS of yummy ideas and recipes out there for picky eaters. You just gotta get out there and look. Who knows, you may stumble upon something that changes your taste buds. Good luck!:smile:
  • grammy2007
    Options
    try hidden valley ranch with fat free Dukes mayo