What to with limited time?

Options
I am very limited on spare time to do any form of exercise(approx 1/2hr per day), what would be the best thing for me to do? I wish I could "make" time but with two young boys at home and being stuck on the afternoon shift, it's diffict. Any suggestions would be great. Currently I speed walk with weights, do stairs, and push some weights around

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    what do you do for a living? Does your job afford any chance to do a workout? Maybe take the stairs instead of elevator, take a walk during lunch or on your breaks. Maybe right after you get off work, take a walk or quick run.

Also, what is stopping you from exercising with your boys? Even if its just at home, find some workout for you all to do during the mornings. Get up a little earlier before your boys get up and do a quick workout. There are tons of videos out there you can follow.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell work out 3x week ~ you can burn alot of cals, build muscle ( strength) in about 25 mins per session. Target and walmart both sell the bell (men should start with 10#) with a dvd. The weight sounds light, BUT the movements (and stopping them) work on properties of physics, causing your body to work hard! Do cardio on off days...running is cheap, fast, and easy.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing the right things now...but if I only had a half an hour, I would put on a pair of sneakers and run!!!

Cheers
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I would suggest walking the boys to the park, play ball with them, put on music and dance around, have races in the backyard or do the 30 day shred dvd exercise tape it is only 20 mins but effective.. I hope this helps
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Metabolic resistance training for the win here! Basically any exercise that involves weight (even if it's just body weight) done at a fast, HIIT style pace, is going to give you the best of both worlds. You can easily get away with doing 10-20 min a day with this stuff and get great results.
  • naebear99
    naebear99 Posts: 73
    Options
    Small kids add up to a workout if you do it right. Take 'em to the park and run around with them. Play the catch the kid game with them, teach them to climb your legs and do somersaults (you end up doing shallow squats to allow them to launch), throw a ball with them, push them on swings, and on and on.