What am I doing?

Options
Ok....so I just got back from the store and surprisingly I did well. I went to Wal-mart and they have Mcdonald's in the Wal-mart's here. I didn't eat anything from there...ok....I get home, put up groceries and as I'm sitting here....I want to go and fix something to eat, but I'm not hungry!!! So why am I going back and forth asking myself if I want to eat? Wow .....it really is mental and I can finally see it!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It's amazing isn't it, we are so used to eating as an activity - for me it tends to be when I'm bored or sad or bored or....well, just to often anyway.
    Well done for paying attention to your body and your hunger and thinking it through - that's a real victory!!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Great job on realizing this!! :) Funny how a lot of our bad habits with eating were mindlessly done.
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    my biggest problem is eating really late before going to bed unless i feel full i have a hard time falling asleep silly i know but true
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    my biggest problem is eating really late before going to bed unless i feel full i have a hard time falling asleep silly i know but true

Not saying this is you, in particular...just using your statement as an example. :)

Most of us are here due to bad habits, poor diets, lack of exercise, little to no will-power, virtually no patience (wanting to see quick results), etc.

This is a lifestyle change and breaking bad habits. I read somewhere that it can take an average of about 3 weeks to start to break a habit. I've been at this a year and I'm not perfect. No one is. If you start with little changes and learn them before another, it works better.
    That said, I eat a snack before bed time. The old saying of don't eat before bed is a myth. Unless you get heartburn or have a condition that prevents you from eating, try a light snack with a bit of protein and a little carb. :)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Yes, and the mental part is the hardest part of any lifestyle change......correcting the mental part is what will make you succeed at long-term lifestyle changes. Its a habit and you just realized your habit---its time to just break those habits. Go brush your teeth, have a cup of coffee, do something that replaces that old habit with a new habit.

Good luck to you---keep working on the mental aspecs--and you will do great.
  • helluva4
    helluva4 Posts: 51
    Options
    Thanks guys, I did just that, sipped a little orange juice and went to bed and I was fine. I'm so proud of myself resisting that urge!
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    Thanks guys, I did just that, sipped a little orange juice and went to bed and I was fine. I'm so proud of myself resisting that urge!

great job im proud !