Low sugar and low fat ideas for toast please

Options
Hi all,

I am looking for ideas for breakfast to spread on toast, must be definitely low sugar and preferably low fat. I can only think of marmite and soft cheese, so any ideas welcome.

Thank you in anticipation.:happy:

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I always top toast with grilled tomatoes, mushrooms and a bit of wholegrain mustard :-)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there was such a thing as whole grain mustard! Interesting.

Low fat cheese? Egg substitue? Sugar free jellies? greek yogurt and fruit?
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    peanut butter. You don't use that much but you do need some fat in your diet. It's what makes your hair and nails and skin healthy.
  • michigandj
    Options
    I use I can't believe it's not butter spray with cinnamon and truvia sprinkled on top. Literally zero calories.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I love homus on my morning toast, and sometimes put tomato on top as well. 60% less fat cream cheese. Vegemite (sorry I'm an aussie, can't live with out our vegemite). Tartex vegetarian pate.
  • Lkbaker
    Lkbaker Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use I can't believe it's not butter and low sugar strawberry spread ( I get Aldi's Fit and Active Brand) on Aunt Millie's light whole grain toast. LOVE IT!! and 2 slices like that is 107 calories.You can have some fruit or yogurt with it too :smile: Hope this helps !
  • carolyne2
    carolyne2 Posts: 109
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas peeps, its much appreciated,:happy:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Rye toast with avocado and frsh ripe tomato and black pepper. Yum!
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Cocoa powder mixed with sweetner substitue sprinkled on warm toast for a quick,low cal chocolate fix