P90X questions

Options
So I started P90X, and am on day 6 now. For my weekly weigh in, today, I was up about 1.5 lbs. Is that normal? I didn't think I could gain muscle weight that quickly...

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    So I started P90X, and am on day 6 now. For my weekly weigh in, today, I was up about 1.5 lbs. Is that normal? I didn't think I could gain muscle weight that quickly...

Yes you can, remember you are breaking down your muscle and then rebuilding it bigger. Also you are probably taking in more calories then before.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    hmmm
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal. You're not actually gaining that much muscle though. Your muscles are retaining water cause they aren't used to the abuse you just put em through. It usually takes about a month of holding steady or even goin up a bit before the muscles release the water and you see a drop in the scale.
  • GufoBianca
    Options
    This happened to me, too. Your muscles retain water to help repair themselves after an exercise. Its very normal. just keep hydrated! You will see a loss eventually.:-)
  • turboandrea
    turboandrea Posts: 108
    Options
    Yep! I gained weight doing P90X and then lost it after Month 3. I lost inches the whole time, though, so be sure to measure. :)
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Yep! I gained weight doing P90X and then lost it after Month 3. I lost inches the whole time, though, so be sure to measure. :)

I agree! It's an intense workout and your muscles are breaking down then building themselves up with all of your workouts. My weight has stayed steady but Im definitely losing inches. Remember, muscle burns calories and has less volume than fat.
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    good to know, because i was thinking.. what the heck? thanks!!