water!

labrennan
labrennan Posts: 132 Member
does anyone have problems getting in 8 glasses of water during the day? espeically during the cold winter months, i'm not a big water drinker. i prefer hot drinks then. any suggestions on how to get those 8 glasses in?

Replies

• piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    I really don't like cold water so I find I can drink it alot easier if I warm it in the microwave for about a minute. I know sounds crazy but it works for me and I am getting well over my 8 cups a day now.
  • I usually exceed 8 cups a day. I sometime substitute bottled raw iced black or green tea. Unsweetened of course.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Just do it. Once you make yourself do it for a couple of days, it's easy. Also, if you drink water that's more room temp. than cold, it's not as chilly when you drink it!
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Tea and other drinks count toward your water intake. You should try to drink straight water more, but even pop, especially decaffeinated pop, counts as water intake, since it's mostly water.
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    I was lucky to get in 2 glasses a day but I find having hot water with some lemon is nice to drink in the colder weather also I switched from the 1 time released vitamin to a 3 a day vitamin that way I have a glass of water with each pill.
    Good Luck!!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    oh yes!!!!! if you drink tea that is decaf with no sugar, you can count it as water if that helps you get it in. In the summer when I'm working outside I can consume 1 gallon of water before you can turn around but when I'm inside it takes an act of congress to get just 8 glasses down.
  • sjdoman
    sjdoman Posts: 81 Member
    This might not work for everyone, but I drink nothing but water. I would rather spend my calories on food that will fill me up. And anything besides water would just add more sugar, even juice has a lot of sugar. I Don't use artificial sweetners. I would still drink milk but I don't like it. I have found it very easy to drink 10 glasses of water this way.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Here here on the lack of water! :frown: I find that adding a splash of lemon juice helps. Playing with the temperature is also important. Before my surgery, I had to have water at room temperature: now, it makes me nauseous and I have to have it iced cold.

Also, as others have said, other drinks that are unsweetened and decaffeinated count toward your fluid intake.
This discussion has been closed.