If you are ready to quit smoking & want some advice

Options
I am, by no means a health nut so some would probably hate my quitting method however a lot of people on MFP ask what I did.
NONE of these tactics are as bad as smoking, so take from it what you feel helpful and ditch the rest. This is what worked for me 30 days ago:

Choose a date and stick with it. You will always have stress, it's never the right time, just do it on the day you say you will. I found having way too many cocktails out with hubby and friends the night before made it that much easier to quit the next day because I felt like crap anyway.

I started with the highest patch level after 1 cigarette the morning of my quit date (needed that last goodbye). I remove my patch at night because the dreams are CRAZY! if you're into that sort of thing, have fun but I didn't sleep well at all and felt way too anxious every morning .

Cleaned out my car top to bottom, and got a "smoke-eater" air freshener.

Cut out my morning coffee routine which used to be an hour of coffee and smoking on the patio. Instead, I drink Arizona diet iced tea or something with caffiene that doesn't trigger the coffee routine.

Used 3-4 pieces of Nicorette throughout the day for the first week when the urge REALLY had a moment with me (store brand knock-off is much cheaper)

Popped a low-dose xanax every morning for the first few days.

Walked my dogs an extra half hour a night.

Ate 5-6 pickles spears a day, yes the sodium is intense but whatever. Endless carrot sticks, celery with low cal cream cheese & paprika, hard boiled eggs, wheat thins, all things snacky.

And the saddest part, I cut out wine for the first couple of weeks. That was tough, but again- a trigger.

So bottom line...Stick to a quit date, Know your triggers, Stock up on healthy snacks, Exercise. Do whatever it takes and don't let anyone judge your method.

Haven't had a smoke in 30 days and barely miss it.

I am putting $35 a week (what I would be spending on smokes) in the bank for my wedding on November 5, 2011. That's $1400 extra dollars.

Here is a great list of pros and cons that inspired me as well: http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/nicotinelozenges/a/zoeslist.htm

Hope that helps, write me any time! It is do-able!!!! If you find yourself wanting more calories (totally natural) don't beat yourself up. You are quitting a habit far worse than extra snacking for a couple of weeks.