Suggestion: Country Of Origin

Options
Deevs
Deevs Posts: 32 Member
As this is a global site, I thought it would be heloful if on our profile icons when we post on discussion boards, it had our country of origin displayed.

I've seen some lovely recipe ideas on here but then realise that some of the ingredients are USA brands. Also with the measurements, there's a vast difference between USA / European / UK terminology.

Thoughts?

x

Replies

• jaitken_22
    jaitken_22 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK, I find that a lot more of the foods on the food log is American though you do get UK stuff on there too, I feel like UK foods could be noted on here better. If it's not on the food log, I have to get the food wrapper and enter it in manually which I find a bit time consuming, but at least I know I have the correct info in and can use it again.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    As this is a global site, I thought it would be heloful if on our profile icons when we post on discussion boards, it had our country of origin displayed.

I've seen some lovely recipe ideas on here but then realize that some of the ingredients are USA brands. Also with the measurements, there's a vast difference between USA / European / UK terminology.

Thoughts?

x

Measurements will always be different due to the US resistance for decades to adopt the metric system. Most kitchen scales will do both grams and ounces though, so just check your scale. If you do not have a scale Google does conversion form most anything to most anything. Just type something like 'ounces to grams' in the search windows and it will show the ratio.
  • ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm from Australia and I think I have the same problem.... I have my scales set to American imperial just so that I can use this site properly! It is working, so I'm not complaining!