Protein powder???

Options
I like to eat oatmeal but it doesnt have enough protein IMO. I have seen that people add protein powder. If you use it, what kind do you suggest? Does it taste like anything or does it add protein without changing the taste of the food?? Where do you buy it? Thanks!

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I buy whey protein in vanilla from walmart, but I've never put it in oatmeal. It definitely will have a taste. What kind of oatmeal do you eat? Have you ever tried steal cut... LOADED with protein and fiber, not as yummy as instant flavored ones though
  • prencesskl
    prencesskl Posts: 123
    Options
    I use arbonne protein powder... it tastes great, and is all vegan. You can check it out on the link in my signature, it's under arbonne fit essentials.
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    www.Unjury.com sells an unflavored protein powder that some people swear by. (I haven't tried it myself--I drink flavored protein with my coffee.)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I use Scivation Whey chocolate protein powder. I like this powder because it's low sugar, low calorie (104 cals for 22g protein) and tastes really good! It's also a very fine powder that mixes easily with water for protein drinks. I've also stirred it into my oatmeal and it tasted great! Just made it taste like chocolate oatmeal. (vanilla would be good too, I'm sure). I bought a 10lb box at Allstarhealth.com. If you want to try a smaller tub, you can get the 2lb tub.

You can also stir in non-fat greek yogurt to add protein. Or my new love, peanut flour (I found some at trader joes); it adds the taste of peanut butter and it's high in protein, potassium and fiber for way fewer calories than peanut butter would.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I use arbonne protein powder... it tastes great, and is all vegan. You can check it out on the link in my signature, it's under arbonne fit essentials.

I used to sell arbonne!!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I buy whey protein in vanilla from walmart, but I've never put it in oatmeal. It definitely will have a taste. What kind of oatmeal do you eat? Have you ever tried steal cut... LOADED with protein and fiber, not as yummy as instant flavored ones though

I just bought that body fortress one from Walmart for the first time... it is pretty damn good. Mixes easy, tastes good, and is not too bad for calorie to protien ration

I bet it would taste ok in Oatmeal.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I got jillians last night!!!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I only use Optimum Nutrition Products. The are clean and safe and I do add protein to my Oatmeal. Anything that's chocolate I'll eat.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Try a TBS of peanutbutter and a TBS of honey untill you get your powder, YUMMY!
  • Andy_Anne
    Andy_Anne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I buy a product called AnyWhey. There is is no flavor to it. I add it to oatmeal. I put it in pancakes. I add it to green bean casserole... I add it everywhere and anywhere I want to put a little more protein in the mix. It's practically tasteless so you don't even know it's there. I love it! It's also light on calories... 1 scoop is 70 calories with 17 grams of protein. I get mine from amazon.com, but you can find it in a lot of health food stores and I think I even saw it at Target.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I get mine from Apex. I mix it in my oatmeal every morning instead of sugar or honey and it works great!