Starting again!

Options
Hello all,

So last year, I had what I like to call my "tonsillitis epidemic" - close to 5 months long of agonizing pain and many rounds of steroids. Which of course made me gain about 20 pounds. Now that the steroids have finally left my system (I was left with bloating, and strange leg tingling for several months after), its time to get rid of this weight!

I purchased Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred after reading all the good reviews on here, and my plan is to start that tonight, combined with going to the gym 3x a week for 30-40 minutes walking on the treadmill (I am unable to run for long periods of time due to an injury).

Anyone else starting to get back on track? My dad has offered me $10 per pound I lose (wooo) and I'm sick of looking at all my clothes that don't fit right now. Time to get serious!

And of course, I start craving McDonald's today. I eat McD's maybe 5 times a year, if that. I will treat myself to something small later, kick the craving, and let Jillian Michaels kick my butt after!

Replies

• msplatts
    msplatts Posts: 43
    Options
    Welcome back! I too am starting again. I don't have any good reasons or anything, but 2010 was a hard year for me. Time to get back into shape. I have the 30 Day Shred & it's pretty amazing. I think you will get great results from that. Good luck to you!
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am starting again as well. I started yesterday doing the 6 week body makeover. I also do a lot of walking. This place is a great support system and has plenty of stuff help you stay on track. Good luck on your journey.
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the good resolutions....
    I bought the 30 day shred but haven't done it yet...
    I don't know what I'm waiting for. I do something active 6 times a week (I can't run either until I lose more weight...I have periarthrisis on my hip). I found that walking 4mph at an incline burns almost as much calories as running... So there you go!

About the food, you can have a good old McD's once in a while (but once in a while) as long as you burn it off.... I have loaded ice cream once in a while and usually if I worked out, I still lose weight :)
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started last week myself.

Yuck, tonsillectomy! I had mine out when I was 16, though my recovery was rather quick. It still sucks though haha.

Good luck, and hope to see you achieve success in your goals. :)