Adverse reactions to fatty foods

Options
flausa
flausa Posts: 534 Member
Okay, I used to eat loads of butter, cheese, mayo, and other high fat foods, like chips and crisps. Other than helping me be overweight (as if that weren't enough), I've never noticed having any negative physical reactions. Since being on MFP (40 days) I've virtually eliminated these things from my diet or replaced them with lower fat alternatives. Twice now in the last two weeks, I have eaten out, and tried to pick the best menu options I could find (v. difficult to find healthy food at children's soft play places). Both times I found myself running to the loo, as something has shot through my system. The only think I can think of in common (BLT with cole slaw last week and chicken caesar salad this week) is mayonnaise.

With my healthier eating habits, could the fatty food really be affecting me that adversely already? Has anyone else noticed similar? How on earth do I eat out and not regret it shortly afterwards?

Replies

• edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Fast food for me. didn't have it for months and months, then I had some and lord my tummy was angry at me. Also I gave up really greasey food recently and the other day i had a greasey burger and I felt sick all day afterwards. Your body gets used to not having to process the harsh food and when you eat it, your body rebels. I would recommend asking to hold the mayo next time.
  • durdenworkout
    Options
    I would suggest picking up "Eat this, not that" it's a great book that gives you healthy options no matter where you go eat. Also remember just cause your kids are eating there doesn't mean you have to, you can always prepare or bring something you make yourself. Most restaurants do have healthy options, and as your make a lifestyle change your health will improve. Our body's weren't designed for all those fatty foods, so it could just be your body reacting to them. Best of luck!

Ryan