Time for another progress update :)

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
so i have posted some pics before with mini successes....i will continue to post progress as i lose but today i decided to go back and look at some other older pics of me before i started my journey and do come side by side comparisons...

holy crap i have lost a BUNCH of weight, LOL, but more than that my WHOLE body shape has CHANGED!!!!!

this was in october 2005, my son was 1 and i weighed the same miserable 263lbs i did when i delivered him....263lbs was my ALL TIME EVER RECORDED HIGH WEIGHT....this pic was about 3wks after i started jenny craig - i got down to 190?? on jenny craig but then gained some back and then gained most back with my second pregnancy in 2007....
oct20052.jpg

this was in january 2008, my daughter was 3.5months old and i was now 253.8lbs, this is when i started this journey to change my life....
jan20083.jpg

this was may 2009 and i weighed around 216ish....
may2009.jpg

this was december 2009, almost 2 years after starting my journey, i weighed around 225ish....back up from earlier in the year...
1209.jpg

this was june 2010 at my son's prek graduation...back down to 220ish...
june2010.jpg

this is october 2010....206ish....
oct2010.jpg

this was february 2011 at my cousin's 40th bday party...i was 189ish.....
jen-me2011.jpg

i still have a ways to go but i am celebrating every day the 65+lbs i have lost (75+ from my highest) and i will continue on this journey until i get there.....i guess the point of my post is dont harp on what you have left to do, rejoice in what you have done...who cares how long it takes....it's not coming back :)

Replies

• Waynes_World
    Options
    Great Job !!! Keep up the hard work ;}
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    Good for you! You look awesome
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I agree!!!!! You look great! This is a life time achievement!!!!
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    Good job!! Keep it up!!
  • rmeadows71
    Options
    Fabulous! Keep up the awesome work!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great post! Awesome job!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    keep up the awesome job. you look great.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great job! There is definitely a noticeable difference. Isn't it something how we remember how much we weighed at different stages or events in our life? I agree, patience is key in this journey. I keep telling my self that some progress is better than moving backwards.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Love this documenting of a weight-loss journey with all of its ups and downs and slow and steady progress. A reminder that sometimes it’s not how (or how long) you run the race, just that you get yourself across that finish line. You’re doing great!
  • Shofie_1910
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done. Truly an inspirational story.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Great inspirational post. You are so right. I have lost 25 lbs with about 30 more to go, but I can see a big difference already. Everyone is noticing it. Keep up the good work. You look great and so much happier!!!
  • Vick_MN
    Vick_MN Posts: 34
    Options
    .....i guess the point of my post is dont harp on what you have left to do, rejoice in what you have done...who cares how long it takes....it's not coming back :)

I really like this statement and I am going to put it up on my fridge at home and at my desk at work. Very motivating!!
  • IBelieve2
    IBelieve2 Posts: 12
    Options
    Awesome.....keep it up :smile:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    thanks for the kind words....i actually becoming excited about the remainder of my journey...i dont see it as a chore now more a part of my life...this will not stop when i get to that magic number...ALL that i am doing RIGHT now i will continue because this is now my life....i refuse to do anything that i cant live with, including having the things i love....just tonight i had chinese takeout (every thurs night we do) and i busted my *kitten* with workouts to have an almost 1000 calorie burn so i could eat my meal & apps with no regrets.....i love my new life...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!