How Dairy Queen Killed Me

Options
Oh I really did it now!!!!!!! Hubby is home this week on vacation..so we have been.."Treating the kids"
( and my stomach) the last two days.. Well.. I went over my calories yesterday but I worked out so didn't feel TOO bad... Did not work out today........and had a blizzard from DQ...

Total: Calories= 2,222 289 76 100
Your Daily Goal: = 1,200 165 40 45

Remaining: -1,022 -124 -36 -55

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I haven't been this bad in a long time!! ( Not even going to weigh myself this week after that one!!) I've hit my plateau..and the scale won't budge....this did not help!!!

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Oh I really did it now!!!!!!! Hubby is home this week on vacation..so we have been.."Treating the kids"
    ( and my stomach) the last two days.. Well.. I went over my calories yesterday but I worked out so didn't feel TOO bad... Did not work out today........and had a blizzard from DQ...

Total: Calories= 2,222 289 76 100
    Your Daily Goal: = 1,200 165 40 45

Remaining: -1,022 -124 -36 -55

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I haven't been this bad in a long time!! ( Not even going to weigh myself this week after that one!!) I've hit my plateau..and the scale won't budge....this did not help!!!
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Don't worry about it LML.. we've all been there! A bit of advice for next time would be to try to plan your visit. Look through their menu and find something that's in your calorie range.. if there's nothing.. go for it.. just don't eat the whole thing.. and if you do.. there's always tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    and apparently they have a girl scout thin mint one!!! i want to go sooooooooo bad! weve been talking about going to DQ for days!

dont beat yourself up too much... its so worth it sometimes, and you arent setting yourself back THAT much.
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Dairy Queen will do that to ya!

Don't sweat it. We all should be allowed to splurge every once in a while. Maybe it will even give your metabolism a kick start!
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look great. One day won't hurt you. Tomorrow is another day!!!!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    and apparently they have a girl scout thin mint one!!! i want to go sooooooooo bad! weve been talking about going to DQ for days!

dont beat yourself up too much... its so worth it sometimes, and you arent setting yourself back THAT much.

Yes they do and I blew my calories today for a small one!!! Its soooo good though, but a tip if you like cookie dough, get the thin mint blast with cookie dough in it too. It'll be a little extra in pricwe and calories, but oh so worth it.
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I saw that commercial last night...I think it physicaly hurt to watch
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i keep seeing the commercial and i still cant tell myself not to go! by the time i decide to go they wont have them any more!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen is the devil....
    :devil:

I ate half a Peanut Buster Parfait today and felt sick... (it just doesn't taste "good" anymore).
    :sick:

Now it's 10:06 p.m. and because I wasted so many cals at DQ, I'm starving... never again...
    :ohwell:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo glad we don't have a DQ near us anymore! how a DQ goes out of business - I have no idea!! you all are making my mouth water for a blizzard! Off to my skinny cow ice cream sandwich :grumble:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh...I've done my share of messing up but haven't had DQ in AGES
    When I was younger and dating DH we went for blizzards EVERY night...vanilla ice-cream with reeses cups...oh yummmm.

I mean...YUCK..NASTY..BLAH

Kim :)
  • maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    Options
    dq is literally across the street from my house. and dunkin donuts is on the corner. talk about torture!!!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    No DQ near me at all--and I'm talking none within 40 mile or more! Not sure I could eat anything there now anyway without getting sick.

Took my dog through the McDonald's Drive-Thru the other day to get her a cheeseburger, and I didn't get anything for myself--and didn't even have a bite of her burger! When they opened the drive-thru window, I could smell the fries and almost ordered some but held firm!
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Oh I am soo glad I am not the only one with these DQ "issues" LOL!! I do have to say i REALLY enjoyed it....scary! I got a small Kit Kat Blizzard and believe me..If i could have licked the cup clean..I would have. It really blew my day..but here I am today..back on the diet.. Which is a big thing for me because a few months ago if I blew it like that....... I would have gone off the diet all together for the week and try to start back up on a Monday. Not this time!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Great job with getting right back on track
    I've messed up as well over the past few months but always started up strong again the very next day...that's HUGE for me because like you said...In the past one slip up would carry on for days and days

Kim