Training for a 10K end of April - anyone else?

Options
I'm starting training for a 10K at the end of April - my first ever. Any tips?

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks into the Bridge to 10K program. Not planning on running a 10K anytime soon, but will be shooting for a 5 miler in May. So far B2-10K is work for me, especially on the heels of the Couch to 5K program.
  • fischy19702
    fischy19702 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! We were going to do a half-marathon at the end of April but we dropped it down to a 10k. You have more than enough time to work up to 6.2 miles. Just jog at a steady pace and don't push yourself. Slow progress is better than hurting yourself and not being able to continue for a while. I am not really following a plan because I figure if I jog 4-5 times a week for 2 months, I can easily hit my goal and then work on speed.
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    http://www.halhigdon.com/10ktraining/10knovice.htm

I am starting this next week. I have already run a handful of 5K and I'm excited to go the extra distance! My only goal is to not stop running...
  • Influence2
    Options
    If you have done multiple 5k's with no problem then you should have a problem with a 10k, just slow your pace down by 30-45 seconds per mile and you should be ok! Its always a good feeling to accomplish a further distance then you have before
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • DPruneda17
    DPruneda17 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks into the Bridge to 10K program. Not planning on running a 10K anytime soon, but will be shooting for a 5 miler in May. So far B2-10K is work for me, especially on the heels of the Couch to 5K program.

Thank you for this suggestion! I'm on my last week of the C25k program, and was looking at what to do next? I'm going to check out the B2-10k. I have loved the C25k, and this sounds perfect! Thanks!!:happy: